• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shooting Time

AngryFishH

Official Big Fish
I went to the range yesterday and 30 rounds at 21 feet from a combat stance, shot this. Not too shabby for non-Military. :D Anyone else got a recent target to share?

DSC00160.jpg

Stats:
30 rounds @ 21'
8" flo green disk
UMC 115gr FMJ Target Ammo
Glock G19 Stock

Fish

If I had a camera I could add one in the next day or two. I am about to go buy one of those things, I need to quit putting it off for other things. lol.
B

Notice the full pattern of down and left? You're pulling the trigger too hard and bringing the muzzle down. Yes, you're hitting the bad guy, but now breathe...your trigger break should be a surprise...shoot straight and avoid yanking that trigger. Gentle and precise is fast...smooth and steady is fast...shoot what you want and aim correctly...focus on the front sight, blur the target...shoot straight without jerking that trigger down and to the left.

Trey

Hmmm...it occurs to me that the pic may have been rotated....if so, good shooting, but aim up and concentrate! Double taps are always a good thing! (Regardless, nice grouping! Way to shoot!)

Notice the full pattern of down and left? You're pulling the trigger too hard and bringing the muzzle down. Yes, you're hitting the bad guy, but now breathe...your trigger break should be a surprise...shoot straight and avoid yanking that trigger. Gentle and precise is fast...smooth and steady is fast...shoot what you want and aim correctly...focus on the front sight, blur the target...shoot straight without jerking that trigger down and to the left.

Trey

Hmmm...it occurs to me that the pic may have been rotated....if so, good shooting, but aim up and concentrate! Double taps are always a good thing! (Regardless, nice grouping! Way to shoot!)

Naa... you are right. I am pulling off a bit to the left. Never seem to put those targets on straight.

I need to trade up to some better front sights the the stock Glock. I sometimes loose the pin on a double-tap. But, 17 rounds of 115gr hollow's even an inch off left leaves a hell of a hole. :D

Fish

I've put Meprolights on all my Glocks. I've been very happy with them.

My three Glocks have all been set up with Meprolights and the factory 5 lb connector. Very happy with the combo, to be sure. Nice to transition from weapon to weapon with similar sight pictures and trigger pulls.

Oh, I would add that the 23 that lives in the upstairs "what was that noise" quick access safe also has a Streamlight TLR-2 LED light / laser combo....also, very nice... :cool:

Be safe out there, guys - B.B.S.