• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shopping Spree

hyper1

I'm currently traveling internationally and have an opty to pass through Paris and pick up some ISOMs on my way back. I'm looking to stock up and would appreciate some suggestions. I have tried several brands but certainly not all of them.

My tastes run toward strong cigars with a cull, complex flavor and a nice creamy finish. My domestic favorite is the VSG. Any suggestions for ISOM?

If you were in my position and had an opty to do some shopping, what would you buy? The shop I use is very reputable and has a great selection.

One word:

COHIBA

Robustos
Siglo VI

Also Montecristo #2 are very tasty :)

Monte 2's
Partagas Lusi
Diplo 2's
BBF's
Trini's

Not necessarily in that order.

Well, I'd argue that some Cohibas aren't very strong but the Esplendidos are.

You want strong:

H. Upmann Sir Winston
Bolivar Coronas Gigantes
Punch Double Coronas
Jose Piedra (any of those)
Romeo y Julita Churchill
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro

and of course my favorite:

Ramon Allones Gigantes

Now granted, all of those are LARGE cigars (churchills or DC's) but stick with those brands if you want strrong cigars.

Since you trust this source, I would certainly ask them what stock they recommend in full bodied, etc.
I agree with C Cat and would ask for 1997/1998 if they have them. I get shivers thinking about aged habanos.

:p :p :p

ask for 1997/1998

EXCELLENT idea IBPikin. :thumbs: You may pay extra for them but hey, it's only money.

I would treat yourself to at least one box of some slightly aged ones(doesn't have to be 30 years or anything but 5 is plenty IMHO).

Then buy a box or two and age them yourself. Most Havanas do better with a few years on them.

lucasbuck said:
One word:

COHIBA

Robustos
Siglo VI

Also Montecristo #2 are very tasty :)
:thumbs: Grab some Partagas Pyramid EL 2000 if you can find 'em.

just pickup a couple of each, and I will review them for you :)

I have to add RASS to this list and HDM EL pyrimades.

Enjoy.

If you're heading to Paris... don't overlook the Quai d'Orsay. It won't blow you away with strength but you will find a very well made, complex and delicious smoke!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks for all the good advice guys. I'll let you know what I end up with.