• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shopping while on a Cruise

tangomar

I have been told these shops on my stops are Authorized Habanos dealers.

CIGAR WORLD
25 Tajmahal Shopping Centre
Main Street, Ocho Rios.

Cayman Island
La Casa del Habano
Churchill's Cigars
Puro Rey Cigars

Anyone ever been to any?

JB

on this subject are the cigars that can be purchased on the ship typically legit? i've seen them before but never looked closely

tangomar said:
I have been told these shops on my stops are Authorized Habanos dealers.

CIGAR WORLD
25 Tajmahal Shopping Centre
Main Street, Ocho Rios.

Cayman Island
La Casa del Habano
Churchill's Cigars
Puro Rey Cigars

Anyone ever been to any?

JB
[snapback]278277[/snapback]​

I was just there on Decmeber 15th if I recall correctly. I went to both LCDH and Churchills... They are about a 1 minute walk from one another but you have to look as they are somewhat hidden if you don't pay attention.

If you happen to get there on a Thursday, make it priority #1 to go there first and foremost. Thursdays there are generally 8-9 ships in port at the same time and the place becomes a mad house later on during the day.

I personally prefer LCDH. The prices are about the same as Churchills but the stock looked better to me. They have a seperate humidor as Churchill is all out in the open.

wshell said:
on this subject are the cigars that can be purchased on the ship typically legit? i've seen them before but never looked closely
[snapback]278291[/snapback]​

All the cruise ships I have been on do not sell cubans on the boat. You can buy them on the islands and bring them onto the boat to smoke but I do not think there is a boat that sells cubans onboard.

Thanks Clint... I have only been on Rayal Caribbean and I know that they do not.

Royal is my ship also, Thanks for the info. I am excited to try some of the items talked about on here :)

If cigarworld is the one Im thinking of (in the half moon shopping plaza) your gonna pay close to 3x MSRP.

If it's not the one Im thinking of, your going to pay close to 3x MSRP.

Stay out of the Jamaican Cigar shops.

I was putting my list in my pocket of what "Should" be a reasonable price just for that reason

Thanks for the info.

JB

I've been to Cigar World in Ocho Rios, and I was confident (although not 100%) that their cigars were authentic. My thoughts regarding them are not to buy any of the classic more sought after smokes, such as anything by Cohiba, Montecristo or some of the more popular Partagas or RyJ, such as Psd 4, and in general anything "LE". I would not be surprised to find out they sold fakes of those. But I would be surprised to hear they are selling fakes of some of the more obscure cigars, such as Fonseca, Cuaba and so forth. But either way the prices are exhorbitant at best.

If one were so inclined to purchase cuban cigars I would buy them while in the Caymans.

Also, I'm curious where you found out or heard that Cigar World was an authorized dealer.

Just stick with the LCDH in Cayman and you will be good to go. The prices are higer than what one oculd get them over the internet but not by a huge amount. There is also something to be said for looking over the inventory with your own eyes and picking out your own box/box code. :thumbs:

like Shiba said, stick with LCDH. They are about 10-20% lower than the net, and are truly nice for selection/quality. Here is a pic of the LCDH taken Jan 18, 2006 in Varadero, Cuba at 64 Street.

EDCAM2005027.jpg

Shiba said:
They are about 10-20% lower than the net

Lower? Did you mean the net is 10-20% lower?
[snapback]280414[/snapback]​

Actually, once all the converting is done, it is about the same. pesos (CUC) to CAD to USD.

I have been to both Churchill and LCDH in Grand Cayman both of them have a nice selection and a great atmosphere. Talk to the owner of the LCDH, if you dont want to bring the box back with you through customs he will ship it to you. Last time I was there my boxes beat me home. :D

Like Shiba said if you don't pay attention you will walk right past them. Usually before you leave the ship they hand out a map of all the shops to visit. Both Churchills and the LCDH are on the map, you should have no problem finding them then.

What ship are you going on and when? I will be on the Freedom of the Seas Aug 20th. I can't wait.

Visit "Havana House Cigars" in the Aqua duty free mall just past the Hard Rock Cafe. The store is on the second floor and prices are better than LCDH or Churchills. 4 Authorized Habanos dealers in Cayman Islands are:

Puro Rey Cigars
La Casa Del Habano
Churchills Cigar Store
Havana House Cigars

We all purchase authentic cuban cigars from Caribbean Cigars N.V. who is the supplier for Caribbean and Central America Region.

Of course you will not find duty free prices compared to Puro Rey Cigars Website. :whistling:

I suppose the other thing to keep in mind, besides it being against US law to purchase anything where the revenue goes to Cuba, is the general impracticality of purchasing any large number (i.e. a box or two) of cigars and trying to get them back into the US. But if you're looking for just a handful of cigars that you'll be smoking while on the ship and not trying to get into the US then this info may be helpful. Even though technically that is illegal too...

Either way, enjoy your vacation!

I know of a couple places in the Bahamas that sell puros. Both are called 'Havana Humidor' - they both have the same prices.

One is on the main street in a store called John Bull. Look on this page and you will see a photo - the cigar shop entrance is under the ROLEX sign:
http://www.johnbull.com.bs/locations.lasso?ID=52

The other one is in Atlantis - just ask where the cigar shop is.

Fakes are all over the place in the islands, beware!

I went to both of the Havana Humidors on my honeymoon and purchased a few sticks, be prepared to pay high prices, but they are legit.

Here are some examples of the prices:
Montecristo No. 2 $25
Montecristo No. 4 $13.50
Cohiba Siglo IV $26.00
Cohiba Siglo II $22.00
Romeo y Julieta Petit Corona $9.95

LSUTiger said:
I know of a couple places in the Bahamas that sell puros. Both are called 'Havana Humidor' - they both have the same prices.

One is on the main street in a store called John Bull. Look on this page and you will see a photo - the cigar shop entrance is under the ROLEX sign:
http://www.johnbull.com.bs/locations.lasso?ID=52

The other one is in Atlantis - just ask where the cigar shop is.

Fakes are all over the place in the islands, beware!

I went to both of the Havana Humidors on my honeymoon and purchased a few sticks, be prepared to pay high prices, but they are legit.

Here are some examples of the prices:
Montecristo No. 2 $25
Montecristo No. 4 $13.50
Cohiba Siglo IV $26.00
Cohiba Siglo II $22.00
Romeo y Julieta Petit Corona $9.95
[snapback]281904[/snapback]​

Well just got back all tanned :) And this was about what I found on the prices all were way high. So enjoyed a couple anyways and left the rest for the next boat.

MarkF150 I was on the Navigator of the Sea's Nice boat HUGE!! Was my 1st and last cruise Give me a AI resort anyday where the drinks are bottomless and the beach is there everyday :)