• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should CP add a Cigar Web Link Directory?

If CP added a cigar web link directory, would you use it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm considering adding a cigar directory. As a member, you will be able to add links, and of course browse through existing links. The system would maintain a active list, and not broken links.

i agree with shadow, those of us new to the board and the hobby, would be a good reference.

edit for spelling

I also think it would be a good idea, but the links do need to be checked to make sure they stay "on topic". We don't want spammers to add links that are not cigar related. I like the idea that they would be checked to make sure they are still active.

Are you considering categories; humidor info, cigar info, cigar construction, etc.?

Sounds like a good idea to me but I think maybe links should be submitted to an administrator and they add them. That way things are sure to remain "on topic" and will be verified as working links.

Just a thought. My vote = YES :)

18 to 1 so far. Now who's the guy that wouldn't want such a feature??? :sign:

Yes, all link requests will have to go through me.

Rod said:
18 to 1 so far. Now who's the guy that wouldn't want such a feature??? :sign:

[snapback]185622[/snapback]​

I guess he is not showing his face. :)

I voted Yes. I think that more information is always a good thing.

grand cru no 2 said:
Sounds like a good idea to me but I think maybe links should be submitted to an administrator and they add them. That way things are sure to remain "on topic" and will be verified as working links.

Just a thought. My vote = YES :)
[snapback]185608[/snapback]​

What G C No.2 said. :sign:

Ree

Rob ;)

CP has always been the my "come back to" web site for info. So I think the "link" section would just enhance an already great product!

Ben

We need categories, lets come up with a list of categories...

Retailers
General Cigar Sites (Personal sites)
Cigar Mfgr's
Accessories
Club's/Org's

What other categories???

I'm around plenty. The question was: "If CP added a cigar web link directory, would you use it?" My answer is still no, I wouldn't use it. That is not to say it is a bad idea.

Now you can go fret about who the other guy is. ;)

inflatus said:
Rod said:
18 to 1 so far. Now who's the guy that wouldn't want such a feature???  :sign:

[snapback]185622[/snapback]​

I guess he is not showing his face. :)

I voted Yes. I think that more information is always a good thing.
[snapback]185624[/snapback]​

Additional category possibilities:

Humidor info and cigar storage
on-line cigar stores
cigar mags
cigar review sites

just my 2cents...

Proposed Category:

Cigar Art

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm always looking for cigar related art (mostly photography). Maybe even dealers that sell cigar related art. :)

What do you guys think?

I voted no. I wouldn't use it, I wouldn't add to it and I just think it's more trouble than it's worth.

I agree with AVB, just because we wouldn't use it does not mean that it's a bad idea.

I was the 3rd no vote.

We need a system of "weighted" votes, the more posts you have, the more your vote counts :laugh: therefore mine and AVB's two "no" votes outweight 40 of you noobies "yes" votes:D

The supreme court decision of "One man, one vote" is bull$hit :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
I voted no. I wouldn't use it, I wouldn't add to it and I just think it's more trouble than it's worth.

I agree with AVB, just because we wouldn't use it does not mean that it's a bad idea.

I was the 3rd no vote.

We need a system of "weighted" votes, the more posts you have, the more your vote counts :laugh: therefore mine and AVB's two "no" votes outweight 40 of you noobies "yes" votes:D

The supreme court decision of "One man, one vote" is bull$hit :laugh:
[snapback]185860[/snapback]​

Bill, are you off your meds again? :whistling:

Back