• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should the warranty seal glow pink or yellow?

atuck

ANEJORE
I have several boxes of cubans and all of the warranty seals have a yellow watermark under a blacklight. I have read on the CigarNexus website that the watermark should glow pink. Also on my boxes the numbers, although appear darker red, do not appear black compared to the 2 letters as the article I read says they should. All of the cigars I have look and taste great and the boxes seem to pass all other criteria I have seen. I am very confused and can't find any help on this matter. I have been searching the internet for a few days now and have come accross this website. Can and will any of you help me here?

thanks, Atuck

:whistling: Please refer to this thread for my conclusion to this question.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=13251

Also, I am new here so may I say hi and I have enjoyed reading some of your posts. I greatly look forward to meeting a few of you.

I am sure that some of the experienced folks here can answer your questions. These are some of the most knowledgeable cigar smokers I've ever had the pleasure to interact with.

New warranty seals on Cuban cigar boxes should always be pasted on left side of box over lid.(some brands the seals are on the right and left also-Cohibas and Trinidads)
The serial numbers are always in red and a UV light held next to the seal will reveal the invisible insignia with will glow pink.

Warranty seals do not really prove that the cigars are authentic. The counterfiet market can aquire warranty seals,Habanos chevron,Holograms etc. which are stolen out of the factories and bartered on the street's of Havavna.
I have tested fake boxes of Cuban's with warranty seals that passed the UV test.

The best way to spot genuine cuban cigars is to have experience in knowing how the font for the factory code looks. Codes will always be stamped in black,dark blue or purple ink.I have never seen a box of fakes that have had a factory code with same style/font as a genuine box from factory.
Experience and realizing the taste and smell should always convince though.

Thanks for the info. I do not have enough experience to be able to tell on my own just by the cigars themselves, I am very new to the cuban thing. The only examples I have seen and smelled/tasted are the ones I have. So all of these boxes I have with the yellow watermarks are fake? I got some of them from a source, in Spain, advertized on this site. Have you personally seen this "pink" watermark with a blacklight? I have compared the date and factory fonts with the ones I have seen on this site and they are the same, and all are the correct colors.

Still a little confused, Atuck

dcbancroft said:
The best way to spot genuine cuban cigars is to have experience in knowing how the font for the factory code looks. Codes will always be stamped in black,dark blue or purple ink.I have never seen a box of fakes that have had a factory code with same style/font as a genuine box from factory.
Experience and realizing the taste and smell should always convince though.
[snapback]191358[/snapback]​

IMO, the best way is to know your source. If you have to question your source...... no need to discuss any further.

As for using the font from the factory codes.... I will agree this is one of many "checks" one can make to try and detect fakes but many fakes are distributed in "real" boxes.

Everybody that I have mentioned these sources to, in private of course, has told me that they are reputable. Also, as I said, one of them advertizes on this site. I would bet that most of the people here have the same kind of boxes that I do, with yellow watermarks. And I'd bet many of us got them at the same places.

I still don't know what to think.

Atuck

The proof is in the pudding..... well, its in the cigar.

"IF" the individuals you have spoke to about this have enough experience for you to believe they know what they're talking about then you have your answer. I would not offer an opinion on a site just because they advertise here. With that said, I do not know the requirments for said advertisers to advertise here and what checks are put into place to verify the legitimism of each.

Can't help you on the watermark issue.... all of my boxes say made in Japan. :) ;)

Allofus123 said:
I do not know the requirments for said advertisers to advertise here and what checks are put into place to verify the legitimism of each.
[snapback]191731[/snapback]​
What the hell did he just say? :laugh:

If no one is paying attention to an issue like the watermark on the cuban warranty seal, how do any of you actually know you have the real thing. Especially in the U.S. The internet is full of information saying that 90% of the Cuban cigars in this country are fake. I would think that this watermark would be considered very important.

atuck said:
If no one is paying attention to an issue like the watermark on the cuban warranty seal, how do any of you actually know you have the real thing. Especially in the U.S. The internet is full of information saying that 90% of the Cuban cigars in this country are fake. I would think that this watermark would be considered very important.
[snapback]191786[/snapback]​

Like it has been said before.

TRUST YOUR VENDOR.

atuck said:
[snapback]191786[/snapback]​
:0 Hello, do you think it is wise to discuss this on an open forum considering the legalities of Habano's in the US? This should probably been handled in private.

If I am new to this Cuban thing how am I supposed to trust somebody I've never met in person. I hardly trust any of the people I do actually meet in person anyways. My Grandpa always told me: "Son, in this life, you only trust YOU & ME & you keep a G*d d*mn close eye on me!"

And condidering some of the other stuff I have seen discussed here on this site I would think that this item is no worse of a risk.

If anybody has an answer to my questions, please, feel free to email me about it. It would be greatly appreciated. I am only looking for a little help with a concern of mine. I am not trying to offend anyone or cause any trouble.

atuck said:
If I am new to this Cuban thing how am I supposed to trust somebody I've never met in person. I hardly trust any of the people I do actually meet in person anyways. My Grandpa always told me: "Son, in this life, you only trust YOU & ME & you keep a G*d d*mn close eye on me!"

And condidering some of the other stuff I have seen discussed here on this site I would think that this item is no worse of a risk.

If anybody has an answer to my questions, please, feel free to email me about it. It would be greatly appreciated. I am only looking for a little help with a concern of mine. I am not trying to offend anyone or cause any trouble.
[snapback]191804[/snapback]​
Well seeing as how you don't trust anyone you have never met... Why are ya askin us? ???

Well, I heard that you all are a bunch of great guys that have alot of knowledge. Besides you are not trying to get any of my money so you have no reason to BS me. I am getting a little discouraged with this forum thing. No matter what forum I join, people are not very nice to me. I try to be nice. All I am doing is looking for a little help and looking for some friends that like cigars like i do. Am I doing something wrong that makes me not fit in?

atuck said:
Well, I heard that you all are a bunch of great guys that have alot of knowledge. Besides you are not trying to get any of my money so you have no reason to BS me. I am getting a little discouraged with this forum thing. No matter what forum I join, people are not very nice to me. I try to be nice. All I am doing is looking for a little help and looking for some friends that like cigars like i do. Am I doing something wrong that makes me not fit in?
[snapback]191898[/snapback]​
Actually yes, you are. Most people make their first, second, or third post an introduction. Say hi, let us know what you are about. You wanted info about Habanos. Second, by giving you info on Habanos, which are a non-no by Customs, a person admits either doing a lot of research, or having first hand knowledge. Most FOG's here feel you should do the research youreslf. Whice you did, but very few FOG's will post publicly the info it took them a long time ascertain as facts.
The guys here have been acomodating to you. While they haven't been nice, they havent been mean either. Your post was just ambiguous enough where people didnt feel "threatened" for lack of better word. But trust me, no one feels as if anything should be handed to you on a silver platter.

Emo

atuck said:
Am I doing something wrong that makes me not fit in?
[snapback]191898[/snapback]​
One moe thing, this forum is a give and take friendship. So far, all you have done is take, with minimal giving.

Emo

Thanks for the advice. I guess I've been going about this all wrong. I will leave a post tomorrow introducing myself to all of you so you can get to know me first before you trust me. I am new to all of this so please understand. All I want is to make new friends, and learn things about my hobby. Please, everyone, accept my apologies for coming accross in the wrong manner. Let me redeem myself and be part of your group.

atuck said:
Thanks for the advice. I guess I've been going about this all wrong. I will leave a post tomorrow introducing myself to all of you so you can get to know me first before you trust me. I am new to all of this so please understand. All I want is to make new friends, and learn things about my hobby. Please, everyone, accept my apologies for coming accross in the wrong manner. Let me redeem myself and be part of your group.
[snapback]191905[/snapback]​

Atuck, just the way you started off is enough to make everyone gun shy regarding your posts for quite some time.
If you think by simply posting something about yourself will make everything ok, you might want to re evaluate that thinking.
The best way to become a member here is to:
Sit down, light up a cigar and grab a cup of coffee and start posting
After a month or so give a FOG a PM (one that you have communicated with prior) and see if he can help you.
I just don't see the big urgency here. Unless you planned on selling these Hubanos as authentic cigars just chalk it up to experience.
If you follow these few steps correctly I bet you will be right in the mix trading and buying the cigars you’re after.

Good Luck

Rich

P.S. In the time it took for this thread to get this far I would have smoked at least 4 of those bad boys and gave a few away to friends. :laugh: