• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shoutbox added to CP

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed what is called a "shoutbox". I know how much everyone liked the Messenger app when I had it in beta mode, so I thought this might be a good substitute. The shoutbox is not as demanding on the server, and it should run smooth. I reserve the right to remove it should it become abused.

No, this is not chat. While it may resemble a chatroom, the shoutbox is out in the open for ALL to see. Therefore, it's not a back room. I think this will go over rather well, since no private conversations can take place...

Enjoy!

Is there a way we can make it work like a ticker instead of a scroll window within the window? Its just terrible from a webdesign standpoint as is. A ticker that continuously updates the latest shouts and a link to the actual full shoutbox would be better than the current implementation. My mom is a webdesigner/database developer and she's rubbing off on me. :p

It's not a true window with a scroll bar. It uses AJAX which allows you to receive instant updates as well as a brief history of activity. I'm not sure I follow what you're saying.

Oh, gotcha. I see what you're saying. Yeah, I agree that is pretty bad. That skin is no longer fully compatible with the forum software, so I advise switching to one of the newer skins. I will be removing the CigarPass skin very soon, and replacing it with something more modern.