• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Show your Ashtray!

Fuscat

lets see them ashtrays! :laugh:

I thought it might be fun! I've seen some online that are like $300+!! I thought that was crazy! I figure some of you guys might have some really nice ones, maybe some very rare branded ones, some neat vintage ones, sentimental ones... etc etc

To be honest mine is prety embarrasing! I routed mine myself out of a chunk of pine! :laugh: I'm too cheap to spend any money on a nice one! I'd rather spend the $$ on smokes!

tray.jpg

Brown Devil, Sorry to hear about your loss, I haven't seen it... :rolleyes: :D
ashtray.jpg

:sign:

Hey B.Meister - other than from Brown Devil, where can you find those ashtrays? Very nice, I really like them!

To be honest mine is prety embarrasing! I routed mine myself out of a chunk of pine! :laugh: I'm too cheap to spend any money on a nice one! I'd rather spend the $$ on smokes!

Hey, whatever works for ya'. ;)

I've got a couple that I'll take pics of later and put in the thread. I really like having a nice ashtray though when smoking a good cigar. It's kind of like opening up a good bottle of wine and drinking out of a dixie cup. Something about that just keeps me from enjoying it as much (not the best analogy, but I think you get my point). :)

It's kind of like opening up a good bottle of wine and drinking out of a dixie cup.

lol very true.. one of these days I will break down and pick something up.

I like the ones posted above also very neat looking!

Okay, here are three of my ashtrays (nothing that extravagant). My favorite is the glass one because it's the most compact (I can put on the arm of my leather chair while smoking) and it's easy as heck to clean.

glass.jpg

Then there's my outdoor ashtray - nothing fancy but it weathers the outside climate very well. It's also deeper than the glass one which is nice, so I don't have to empty ash in the middle of the smoke like I do with my other one (unless I have a robusto or smaller smoke).

pottery.jpg

This is my two person ashtray that I obviously don't use right now. I've been only using it to throw my old cigar bands in it. Kind of fun to look back and see what I've smoked lately.

double.jpg

CigCam2006012.jpg

This ashtray is from BlueMountain Pottery, which went belly up in 2004. All of their pottery is really unique and very collectable. Oh ya, i paid under 10 bucks for it :).

Well I don't have a pic of just the ashtray but you can see it in this one. It is a Diamond Crown Bristol that retails in the $200 area but I ebayed it for $25 delivered. :thumbs: It weighs about 6 lbs and is pretty good looking in person .

IMG_1291sm.JPG

ashtray.jpg

Hmmm...didn't I see a post that you recently visited AZ :whistling:
:p

Hey B.Meister - other than from Brown Devil, where can you find those ashtrays? Very nice, I really like them!

Got mine in Tijuana in 2000. Should be able to find them in any border town, as I saw similar ones in Juarez and Nogales. :thumbs:

ashtray.jpg

Hmmm...didn't I see a post that you recently visited AZ :whistling:
:p

Got mine in Tijuana in 2000. Should be able to find them in any border town, as I saw similar ones in Juarez and Nogales. :thumbs:

YEPPER, if memory serves me correctly I picked up that ashtray in about 1984, across the border from Del Rio, Texas.

Oh great, that ought to be real easy for me, being that I live in the middle of the U.S. :laugh:

I'll just take a little day trip over the border and pick one up. ;)
Perhaps I'll start looking on eBay and find one.

AVB - that's a pretty sweet find you got there for 25 bucks!

Well I don't have a pic of just the ashtray but you can see it in this one. It is a Diamond Crown Bristol that retails in the $200 area but I ebayed it for $25 delivered. :thumbs: It weighs about 6 lbs and is pretty good looking in person .

IMG_1291sm.JPG

I spy something Eames! Jealous.

I've received a couple of nice ashtrays as gifs, nothing out of the ordinary, but all practical, useful, nice, etc. Sorry I can't take a picture and post them. Anyway, I never got really got into or put a great deal of thought into the ashtray.

For me, as long as it is practical/useful, where can lay the cigar down without affecting the burn or the wrapper -- not like a cigarette ashtray. It is not a factor, nor does it change the smoke for me.

Eric