• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sig Pic Rules Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
Hey everyone -
I've been noticing a trend lately of people slowly getting larger and larger pictures in their signatures. Now, I certainly don't want to stop people from posting pictures - there's a few out there that I enjoy viewing every day. But, some pictures are causing what would be a short thread to turn into a monster scroll to get down a few posts. So, with all this in mind, I wanted to bring a new rule change to everyone's attention. Previously, the rules stated that your sig pic had to be 300x100 or smaller. I don't know if anyone has actually seen a 300x100 picture, but that's pretty darn small. And what about those people that have a 200x200 or a 350x75 pic?

Rod and I discussed the matter and we determined that the best, and easiest way to put a reasonable size limitation on the sig pic was to use a dimensional total limit (width PLUS height) of 500 pixels. What does this mean exactly? Well, basically your picture can be 400x100 or 250x250 or 300x200 - but 400x200 and 350x200 is too big and you'll be asked to either resize it or remove it. By the way, if you dno't know how to determine your pictures dimensions, in Internet Explorer (and probably other browsers as well), right-click the picture and choose properties. It should list the dimensions in pixels. If you are unsure, please provide a link to your picture to myself, or any of the other more-common members around here, we'll be happy to help you out.

This new rule (in case you were wondering) is #9 in the Board-Wide Policies. It is as follows:
Signatures may contain images, but may not have a total dimension (width + height) of 500 pixels. 400x100, 250x250, 300x200, etc. are all ok. 400x150 is not. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable by staff, you will be requested by a moderator to resize or change your image. Please also try and keep text signatures under 5 lines. Failing to comply with a moderator's request will result in the removal of your signature.

Now we all know there are a couple of jokers around here that will try to be cute and post a 499x1 "picture". My only response to this is Please Don't. You all understand the spirit of this rule - please do not abuse it.

As always, Rod & I have the right to request anyone to remove any picture we may deem unappropriate or inproper. If you refuse to remove it, it will be removed for you and your membership here may be in jeopordy.

Now, we realize this is sudden - and we can't be enforcing it immediately, so there will be a 1 week grace period for everyone to update their signatures. In the mean time, if/when I see a sig that is too large, I will send you a quick PM simply asking you to resize your picture. Please do not think I am singling you out or being rude. I'm just trying to give you a heads up before it becomes an issue.

Now, for all those people out there that are linking to another site's picture and have no way to re-size it, I will be able to host your picture on my site. Please email your already resized picture as an attachment with your CigarPass username to Dave@GreatComputerService.com. I will post it at my site and provide you with a direct link to it.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter,
Dave
CP Moderator

Please note this post in the CigarPass Info forum is locked. If you wish to comment on the issue, please see my cross post in The Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.