• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Siglo II vs Siglo III: Any Opinions?

Smok'em

I've always enjoyed the Siglo IIs. Other than the 1" difference, should I expect anything different with the IIIs? Thanks in advance.

II en tubo do it for me. I'm not a Cohiba devotee so take it for what it is my preference :laugh:

The IIIs I have are smoking well, but I am not a diehard cohiba fan either. I do like the maduro 5 line though :).

Jim

WTF, I have never had a Siglo II or Siglo III and keep seeing guys mention them. I've got to get with the program and get my priorities in order. Cigars, drinking, chicks. :D

Why don't you trade for a couple of III's and find out. I'm sure someone here has some they would trade with you. I have smoked some IV's but don't care for them as much as the I's. Disclaimer: I have only had them when visiting friends out of the country who spent their own local currency to purchase cigars of that nature and have given them to me without any payment from me to smoke while in a country outside this great land of America. :D

Why don't you trade for a couple of III's and find out. I'm sure someone here has some they would trade with you. I have smoked some IV's but don't care for them as much as the I's. Disclaimer: I have only had them when visiting friends out of the country who spent their own local currency to purchase cigars of that nature and have given them to me without any payment from me to smoke while in a country outside this great land of America. :D

I am doing my second and final newbie trade this week. I'll wait and see what's in there first but I am definitely going to get me some.

I prefer the Siglo II's as I agree with Macion that they are stronger. Both are magnificent smokes with a few years of age or more.

Smok'em

it really boils down to...what size do you prefer???corona or petit corona???

in '02 or '03...my secret santa sent me a sig III with 7 or 8 years of age...to this day it remains the best cohiba i have smoked . the cigar that got me started buying/hooked on cohiba.

that being said...the boxes of sig II's i buy/smoke outnumber the boxes of sig III's about five to one.

derrek :whistling:

I prefer the Siglo II's as I agree with Macion that they are stronger. Both are magnificent smokes with a few years of age or more.

That's interesting. I've always found the Siglo I to be the strongest in the series, with the III being right behind it.

I like 'em both and find them to be similar enough to not really have a preference other than the time factor.

I've had the III and really enjoyed it a lot. Was very smooth, got strong towards the end. I also have a Siglo II that I have yet to try, might have to do that soon to see what the difference is. I can say that in my opinion that so far the VI is my favorite of the line. I have II, IV and V yet to try though, they're all resting comfortable atm.

I've had the III and really enjoyed it a lot. Was very smooth, got strong towards the end. I also have a Siglo II that I have yet to try, might have to do that soon to see what the difference is. I can say that in my opinion that so far the VI is my favorite of the line. I have II, IV and V yet to try though, they're all resting comfortable atm.
'

The best is the Siglo VI, absolutely. The I is excellent as well.

Tried the Siglo III. Very enjoyable. For me had the same taste profile as the Siglo II.

'

The best is the Siglo VI, absolutely. The I is excellent as well.

+1

For my money nothing beats the VI...

Tim

if you like sig II - i would lean towards sig I, IV and VI straight forward cohiba flavor.

sig III, V and lancero - has more of the cohiba grass that i prefer.

if you like sig II - i would lean towards sig I, IV and VI straight forward cohiba flavor.

sig III, V and lancero - has more of the cohiba grass that i prefer.

Well, I tend to mostly agree with you on this, but it all depends on the box dates.