• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Similar Cigars with hint of choco flavor and smell..

Astrobeerman

I've tried the Acid Blonde, and RP Java and find them to be fantastic. Someone gave me these during a drinking session and I was wondering if anyone had any suggetions of other brands and such with similar taste, smell, and feel as those two mentioned. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'm not a big fan of Acids, but I really want to try the DE/RP Java. I think I would enjoy a cigar with a rich, distinct chocolaty or mocha'ish taste to it.

Drew Estate has one called Tabak Especial. They're a coffee infused cigar similar to the Java.

I had one of those Tabak Especial ones, I forget which one but I lit it while waxing the cars. VERY distinct coffee flavor with a clean burn line and ash. If offered one in the future I wouldn't turn it down.

Kinda surprised no one said Padron. That's a Padron characteristic if there ever was one. Of course, they're not flavored, so you should keep them separate. Also, even though I've only had one or two, the Nica Libre was kinda similar in taste to a Padron. You could tell the quality wasn't as high, but if you gave it to me without a band and told me it was a Padron 2nd, I'd believe it.

La Sirena - starts spicy with all kinds of sweet flavors developing - coffee, cocoa, honey, berry.

The Padron closest to this is the Londres Maduro, IMO.

I can appreciate an infused cigar every once in a while.

Isla del Sol is a good, cheap blend of chocolate and smooth smoke.

Try the Tatiana Mocha. I love Java's and Tabak Especial's and the Tatiana Mocha is still one of my favorites...

I have found that Oliva V's straight out of the box have that chocolate/mocha flavor, or maybe thats just my tastebuds.

Hummmm Padron, yes and no IMHO, it does reminds me of coffee, makes me think of chocolate, but it's not like the Tabak or Java, where it's straight up coffee/choco.
Another cigar that makes me reminisce of chocolate is the Ashton Aged Maduro very chocolate!
If you want a puro chocolatiness you can try these, Godiva rolls these:
http://www.godiva.co...y=26&lastCat=26

Drew Estate Natural "Dirt" as well. In a non- cased/flavored, try the Lew Rodriguez Reserva line starts out with quite a bit of unsweetend coco and coffee.

Padron indeed! Especially the PAM 64 and the 80th, for me. Loads of chocolate/cocoa flavor. Also, I don't know if they're still on the market, but K. Hansotia used to market a triple ligero through Cbid, the X3 I think it was called. Like smoking a cup of espresso.

~Boar

PREMIUM/SUPER PREMIUM:
Tabak Especial Maduro
Tabak Especial Claro
Java Maduro
Java Claro
"Natural by Drew Estate" Dirt, Dirt Torpedo, Jucy Lucy.

VALUE POSITIONED BRAND:
Isla del Sol
CI Legends Copper (only Copper is DE in the Cigars International Legends Series).

Hope that this helps.
JD87