• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SINGLE MALT REVIEW NO. 2

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
This weekend's tastings were numerous and were more of an overall process than a single tasting. However, I half-ass-edly promised AVB a review of this one, so this is the one you get.

It began Saturday evening. We went to Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian steakhouse here which is utterly amazing. After committing one of the seven deadly sins there by our over consumption of some of the finest choice cuts of beef/chicken/pork/etc possible, we headed home and took a lonnnnng steam followed by a 104 degree Jacuzzi. After getting cleaned up, and relaxing with a wonderfully nice Trinidad torpedo, we headed BACK out for some dancing at one of the more "hottest" salsa clubs here (Si, tu sabes, soy un salsero!). The music, as always was incredible so the dancing was non-stop. Finally, we headed back home and, after getting cleaned up yet again, hit the bed. What? No scotch? Patience young grasshopper, patience. I was going to have this one then...but decided it would be better suited for the next day. Ergo...

Sunday! The last day of the Air Show in Ft. Lauderdale. So, we headed down to Dinner Key Marina in Coconut Grove to fire up our Ferretti 680 and make the cruise from DKM to Ft. Lauderdale Beach. It was a glorious day, marked only by some strong winds creating some good size chop in the Atlantic. We cut through Biscayne Bay and went to Port Everglades via the Intracostal, before heading out to sea to anchor and watch the glorius F-16's, B-2's, P-51's, and, oddly, a DHL 747 of some kind along with some private Lears. But anyway...this is background. After watching the air show, take a quick swim in the almost flourescent crystal blue water and retiring to calmer waters, we prepared for some dinner. After having some Lobster tails and Alaskan King Crab served as appetizers, we threw on a few huge filets of dolphin (i.e., mahi-mahi to my non-fisherman friends). Then, stuffed yet again, it was time to fire up a contraband, well-aged, Montecristo No. 2, and open this stunning bottle of Bowmore 30.

The cigar...I think most know the pleasures that are a Monte No. 2. Especially one that has several good years of age on it. So that speaks enough. Now, the scotch. Gorgeous from the outset in its box and beautiful ceramic bottle. Deep, and I mean DEEP amber. Absolutely gorgeous by appearance alone. The nose....fruity. Very fruity. A little vanilla, some apples (?), and a little heather. But also peat. Slight iodine nose to it as well. Ok...the taste....my God, the taste. Rich, full, rich, full, sweet, heavnesque, a little saltiness, the very slight vanilla that can be picked up by nosing, a little caramel, a little cocoa even. Incredibly deep and complex...a symphony going on really.

I shared this one quite voluminously and everyone absolutely loved it. Even my non-Scotch fans were taken by it. Definitely, definitely, definitely try to acquire this one. It is absolutely exquisite and I only fear that I have not captured into words how wonderful it truly is. Smoking the outstanding cigar, consuming the heavenly scotch, surrounded by friends, watching the sun sink lower into the sky while listening to some equally exquisite music....it was paradise.

Thank you for enduring this rather verbose review. Hope it was at least marginally enjoyable...if but a fraction of how enjoyable this weekend was for me.

Take care friends.

I was just hours away from getting the Sea Dragon Bowmore 30 when the Glenfarclas 30 deal fell in my lap. After that review the Bowmore 30 is certainly my next purchase. :)

AVB -

Definitely, definitely hold out and abstain from all other (scotch) purchases until you get your hands on this. I'm glad my review could give you some added motivation. ;)