• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Site Problems?

The Volusianator

Tick Tock
It seems quite often lately there are server problems or something. Anybody know what the cause/fix is?

Me too. I thought maybe it was just my internet connection. This is the error message I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cigarpass.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.cigarpass.com Port 80

Have faith, sportsfans. Rod is on the road right now and may not be able to answer right away. He knows about the problem and what it will take to fix.

We had additional memory installed on the server yesterday. Do you notice a speed increase? Also, have you noticed anymore errors? That should have resolved the problem. Let me know.

Rod

Definitely faster but I still get the server errors every once in a while.

Fish

Appears the server load is spiking only when we have a lot people searching threads at the same time. I have enabled a cpu limit, so this should resolve the problem. This limit will cause the server to stop accepting search requests at a certain point.

Rod the site has been unavailable on several occassions today.

I set the CPU limit about 30 min ago. Let's see how it does, this should resolve the problem.

Leave it to a General Class Ham to save the day. :)

Good work Rod.

Mike
AL2N

Got half a dozen Server busy errors tonight so far. (since 6PM)