• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sleeping on the couch

bchem

Gotta be quick here cause the wife is sitting right next to me. I could use some help here. Our first wedding anniversary is this weekend. One of my plans fell through, so I came up with another one, but need some computer help. I was thinking of taking some of our wedding pictures and putting them in a slide show set to music. I thought I could do it in Picasa, but I'm having trouble. Anyone have any experience with this? Do I need special software, or can I do it in Picasa or Powerpoint or something? I don't want to be on the computer all night, so I will check back later tonight or tomorrow. I am trying to do something sweet to make her smile, but as it stands right now...I'll be sleeping on the couch! Any ideas or pointers out there? Thanks in advance for the help!

Matt
:thumbs:

You actually dont need to download anything man.

Windows XP has a slideshow 'screensaver' you can use, play music off a CD, then fire off the slideshow and you're all good.

If your looking for fast, you're all good.

Put only the pictures you want in a folder someplace you can get to easily
start>settings>display - click 'screensavers'
Select the 'My Pictures slideshow'
click properties
set the timer to what you want, and any other options, make SURE you 'browse' to the folder you put your photos in.
It might also be good to select 'stretch small pictures'
click 'ok' and then 'preview' to get it moving. As long as you don't touch the mouse it'll run.
If that works for you the only thing left is to turn on some Barry White!

Rob

Cant help you avoid it....but if it happens, shoot me a PM, I can give you a couple tips on getting comfortable..... ;)

Awesome! Looks like all of those ideas would work! I was looking for picture "movies" and wasn't finding what I was looking for. I'll let you know which one I use and how it went over after I make it and show it to her this weekend. Thanks again for your help. I was thinking I had to buy some sort of software that would be fairly complicated to use. Thanks again!

Matt
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: