• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SLR Serie "A" box question

buzzed

I just got my two boxes in the mail today from a multibox deal at a certain vendor. I opened them up and all looks good. After looking at the box again I noticed that one of them has a "Lonsdales" sticker on one side of the box and a "Serie A" on the other side. The boxes are from 2000, I know there were quality issues back then but were the box makers high or something? Pics:

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Any thoughts? As far as I know they are a trusted vendor so I don't think they are fake. The cigars look like they should look.

Hmm, I have one from the same deal as yours. I'll have to check the box when I get home but from what I remember it did not say lonsdale. I'll get an update this evening.

I thought they discontinued the lonsdale in 98 but it might have been 2000. How odd....

I thought they discontinued the lonsdale in 98 but it might have been 2000. How odd....

I think it was '06 when they were finally discontinued Phil, although they weren't produced in large numbers from '02 on.

As far as the box goes, shit happens, especially in Cuba.

I think it was '06 when they were finally discontinued Phil, although they weren't produced in large numbers from '02 on.

Yea...it could happen. Probably just used up some old stock paper.

How are do they smoke?

I haven't had a chance to smoke one yet. I will let you guys know how they are when I get around to smoking one. Thanks for the input everyone.

I don't know, but I would hope that you post even a short review/impression of these with some age on them.

I smoked my first one last night, and I would have to say it was one of the tastiest cigars I've had in a while.

It was from 2007.

Looks like an error. Not common today with current production, however it does not surprise me considering the amount of problems Cuba had with quality during the time.

I wouldn't worry, as long as you trust your vendor.

An Australian vendor once posted picks of two boxes of ERDM Demi Tasse you received straight from Pacific Cigar Co. (official Habanos distributor for the Asia Pacific region, so not a shadow of a doubt as to their authenticity).

On the side of the boxes, one said "25 - Demi Tasse"

...and the other said "25 - De Mi Tassy"

Hey...it's Cuba! :laugh:

Please do let us know how these taste. I have purchased many of these cigars, save vintage but in cabinets.
They are hit and miss.

I smoked one this morning in the 35 degree weather with a mug of hot tea. I am not very good at reviewing cigars but here is what I got from smoking it. The cigar was very smooth and creamy. I detected light coffee flavors and the aroma was fantastic. The cigar started having burn issues after the first 10 minutes or so of smoking it. I think that it may have been too wet as the wrapper didn't want to burn very well. I had to relight a few times to keep it burning. It felt like it was overfilled in a few places but it drew pretty well, it was a little tighter than normal but not so tight that it was annoying or anything. Overall I really enjoyed the flavor of the smoke but you can tell that the construction isn't up to today's standards. I will smoke a few more and see how they perform.

Thanks for the update. I am sketchy about the draw on these babies. Nice cigar though!

I smoked another one a few days ago and it had the same great flavors and this one drew much better than the first one I tried.

I just grabbed a box of these. Lots of talk about them lately. thought I would see what all the fuss is about.

I HAD a box of these. Same box code. I looked at the box and it has "Serie A" on both sides. Almost all of them had a tight draw. A few I had to cut and dry box so they would loosen a little. I smoked the last one today in the 60 degree weather. It had a perfect draw. I still love these cigars, just not the 2000's. I hope you have better luck with the draw issues.

I can not verify the authenticity of this so please take it as a grain of salt. It has been explained to me by some former Cuban rollers, that during this time period, tubes and boxes were sometimes made off site of the factory. Therefore from time to time there were spelling differences between the cigar and tube it was in, or the cigar and box. This may explain your situation.

Hmmm, I haven't looked lately but the last dates I saw on the lonsdale was 03. I bought quite a few boxes when I heard they were being discontinued and all of my stock are 98, 01, and 03. If someone has info on lonnies after 03 please PM me.

If you have any doubts send one to Bill (CoventryCat). He's a serie A whore from way back.

If you have any doubts send one to Bill (CoventryCat). He's a serie A whore from way back.
That was going to be my suggestion as well. I've got a box and a 50 cab in the cabinet but Bill knows his A's.... :thumbs: