• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smelly heartfelt beads.

GMAN21

I was given some heartfelt beads by a member here, when I purchased some items from him. When I charged them I noticed they smelled. I didn't think to much of it since its my first time using heartfelt beads. They have been in my wineador for over 3 weeks now. Everytime I open the wineador I smell the same smell the beads gave off. Now my question is, is this Normal?

Lick them... :laugh:

Damnit, S-I-S, you beat me too it.

What kind of odor are we talking about? Musty, moldy, salty, sweet, the cigars will pick up that flavor whatever it is. If it's something normal or desirable, then no biggie, but if it's raw chicken, you certainly don't want cigars to taste and smell like raw chicken.

If nothing else, beads aren't too much, you might look into getting a new set of them, couldn't hurt.

Lol. No I am not licking them. But I would probably describe it as a salty smell. I noticed heartfelt is closed until June 7th. So I am stuck untill then.

Hey brother, mine reek like cedar after prolonged usage. Are yours a brownish color?

Yeah some were brownish in color and others were white. I know they were used when I got them. I just don't know how long they were used for.

They were gifted by an outstanding member of this forum. So I am sure they are/were in good condition when he gifted them to me.

How big is your wine cooler, I may have enough extra to cover you for now.

I have a 28ct whynter. I ordered some from heartfelt already just gotta wait till June to get them. Since CRquatro mentioned his smell like cedar I'm thinking maybe mine do as well. Unfortunately I can't tell since I have drawers from golfnut in there also, and I've never been able to Differentiate smells.

I will replace the old ones with new beads as soon as I get them for peace of mind.

Mine are leaking salt and smell funky. I took them out and replaced them with a humi-bag for now

I have the old alumium case Viper used to sell, I was planning on asking him if he wanted me to send it back so he can open it up and see what has happened to the beads in the 5+ years I've had them.

You working the weekends bud? I can check them out for you if you like.

As long as it isn't a fowl smell...I think you're alright until June. Maybe get someone else to give them a whiff if you can't identify the smell, all you have to do is take a look at their face once they inhale!!

If you're still not sure...for peace of mind...go to your local B&M and grab a few of those 4oz gel jars and stick them in there to hold you over until June. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe get someone else to give them a whiff if you can't identify the smell, all you have to do is take a look at their face once they inhale!!

I don't know how you do things in Jersey, but around here you never smell another man's beads.