• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoke Suggestions

Snakeeyezzes

Well if you have read any of the post that I have posted latly you know I am moving. I am moving back to my old home town back in Nebraska and back in with my mother. I won't be able to smoke inside any more since she doesn't like the smoke. I am also getting a new puppy when I move. If you are curious here is a link to the breeders web site. I am getting girl #5

My new Family Member

So what I am looking for are some decent short smoke since the only time I will be able to smoke is when I am walking the dog. I was looking at some Colorado Coffee Breaks. If anyone else had any other suggestions it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for all your help
Snakeeyezzes

Arturo Fuente Exquisitos are pretty decent. My current favorite little smoke is the 1998 Saint Luis Rey Petit Corona. How long of a walk does your dog need? AF Chateau Fuente Sun Growns are very good...and pretty cheap. Ditto for Punch Rare Corojo Rothschilds.

Sorry I forgot to put that in there. It will probably be a 15 to 20 minute walk maybe a bit longer on nice days.

Ok, that rules out the Chateau & the Punch. I'd start with the Exquisitos, but I'd also try a lot of different things to see what you like. Lots of people make little tiny cigars packaged in tins. A lot of it is probably crap (90% of everything is crap) but some is decent. I know that Montecristo and Partagas make small cigars - I'm sure there are others that I can't remember because it's 1 in the morning. Go to a cigar shop and look around. Buy a tin of everything that looks decent and try them.

The problem with the tins is most I've tried tend to have pretty tight draws. (Not to beat a dead horse but the Havana Honey's are my favorite tin sized and they have an even smaller paco size I haven't tried yet. 20 ring x 3 inches.)

My sugestion though would be to look at your favorite brands and see if they produce a petit carona size. The very small sizes of the regular cigars are more likely to have the flavor you expect and a more acceptable draw as well. I had a couple Bauza petit carona a while back I thought were absolutly great. Even if you end up wasting a little by getting home before you get to the end, at least you had a good experience in the mean time rather then giving yourself a head ache. Try a few though a see what you think. Perhaps I've just had bad luck with the tins. It cant be just me though when it comes to the Macanudo line. Those have to be actual crap.

Hey I was just remembering, the Drew Estate Natural line has several small cigars.

Juicy Lucy 3x38
Dirt 4x43
twigs 5x20

I haven't tried the twigs, but the other two are very good.

Just a thought.

I keep a couple tins of CAO Cammies around for those quickies, haven't had a plugged one yet. Might also want to try the Bolivar Furte Petit from JR, nice flavor, a bit on the strong side.

I too enjoy the Don Lino Colorado Coffee Breaks. Good little smoke for a great price. You can pick up a box of em' from cigarbid for $13. Just keep bidding low and your sure to win a box at that price or even lower. :D

I also enjoy the CAO tins, nice little smoke and the tins make a pretty cool holder for your CAO bands for thier merchandise.... :thumbs:

For a quick smoke I'd recommend the following brands in tins...

Fuente Cubanito - tons of spicy flavor from the cameroon wrapper
Padron Corticos Maddie - typical Padron maduro flavor profile
CAO eXtreme - lots of flavor
CAO Maduro - ditto

Of the ones listed above my favorite is the Fuente Cubanitos. Back in February I did a quick trip to Vegas and all I smoked was the Cubanitos... it hit the spot everytime!

Aloha,

Wade

Thanks for all your help guys. I will have to look into some of those before I go so that way when I leave I can be prepared.

Thanks again
Snakeeyezzes

Snake, Ole Brother. From my experence with Akitas, you won't have time to smoke while walking this dog. THey are very powerful and like to run. Even if you happen to be that little inconvenience on the other end of her leash. Just be glad you aren't getting one of the big males.

I'll tel you a little story about Shaka, our Akita. One night my mom was in her house alone, except for Shaka. She was woke up by a loud bang on the door. She got up and there was a gang of teenage boys standing in her front door and Shaka had them pinned aganst the wall grinning at them. He never did bark just grinned, well maybe not grinning but showing them all his teeth. Anyway it scared the crap outta those guys and they ran like hell. I guess they never expected to find a dog as big as a horse with as many teeth as Shaka had. His only bad habit was that he liked to kill other dogs. I think that is what they were bread for in Japan.
So anyway, have fun with her.
Good luck
Jerry

Isn't it amazing what a large dog with big teeth will do to a thug's courage. :p I used to raise Boxers, don't anymore but still have 7. My largest male is white, 105 lbs, head about the size of a basketball. He is one of the friendliest dogs you have ever seen most of the time. Occasionally I'll get someone at the door I'm not too sure of, he senses my discomfort and likes to "grin" at them. For some reason they always have to leave. :0 :p

Wascal said:
Isn't it amazing what a large dog with big teeth will do to a thug's courage. :p I used to raise Boxers, don't anymore but still have 7. My largest male is white, 105 lbs, head about the size of a basketball. He is one of the friendliest dogs you have ever seen most of the time. Occasionally I'll get someone at the door I'm not too sure of, he senses my discomfort and likes to "grin" at them. For some reason they always have to leave. :0 :p
The heck with a dog, greet people who knock on your door (especially late at night) by opening the door carrying a 40 cal. semi-automatic. They tend to want to be somewhere else real quick! And the .40 doesn't need to be fed. ;) :D

Snakeeyezzes said:
I am moving back to my old home town back in Nebraska and back in with my mother. I won't be able to smoke inside any more since she doesn't like the smoke.
Hope everything goes well with your move, as moving sucks!! I am forced, by personal choice and a 9 year old, to smoke outside. I rather enjoy the time outside in a comfortable chair on the back stoop. Instead of buying a bunch of short smokes you want enjoy while running with the new puppy, buy a comfortable chair and enjoy the outdoors. JMO...You know that's why they say opinions are like a$$holes, you only want to hear your own...LMAO...

Hemmi Short Story, or Indian Tabac Cameroon Scout. Dont let the size of the SS fool you lots of punch and spice!

Just picked up some NICARAGUAN FACTORY COROJOS Fumitas from JR's for $.40 a stick. The few I had were a good smokin, medium strength gar's at a great value. There a little lite for my taste, but are great for all day smoking, when camping and fishing...not to heavy.

Later Tim

Howbout' CAO Piranna's or Flor De A. Allones Favoritas :thumbs:

The enjoying the outdoors more sounded like very good advise to me. Thats my plan for this summer. The .40 caliber greeter didn't. .45 makes a somewhat larger impression, and nothing says "keep on walking" better in the dark then the sound of a 12 guage racking in a shell.

On the subject of smaller cigars though....... I seen at JR's they had a Placensia comming soon called TKO thats suposed to be plenty full of flavor and only 4X42. I haven't tried any Placensias before but it looked very interesting. I'll definatly give it a try if it comes up on cigarbid.

Also, I wasn't sure if it was here or in another topic someone mentioned the flavored CAO tins. I've never tried them either but the description of flavored without sanchrine sweet overpowering flavor sounded good so I'm going to try those as well if I get a chance. The moontrance looked worth a try. It really sucks sometimes living out in exactly the middle of nowhere were I cant just go down to the local shop and pickup something to try on a whim.

While were on the subject sort of, the Placensia I had heard about before and was wanting to try is the Organica. I haven't seen thease anywhere. If anyone knows where some can be found to try please let me know.