• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoked Duck Breast (wild)

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I can't recall if I posted these pictures before.

First you need to go shoot a few ducks. :laugh: This is my wife's nephew that i took on his first duck hunt.
Hunters_first_Ducks.9.15.07.jpg

Take 6 Teal and remove the breasts. Place breast in a bowl or ziplock baggie and mix in a bottle of Italian dressing, a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a little bit of clove, a splash of lemon juice, and let sit overnight in the fridge. The next day wrap each breast with a strip of bacon and secure with toothpicks. I then place this back in the fridge until ready to cook.
GrilledQuacker.JPG

I heat up the smoker to about 225 and then remove the breast from the fridge and place on the cooking rack allowing the marinade to drain just a bit before putting them in the smoker.
Teal_wBacon.before.jpg

I used hickory for my smoke which gave them a nice smoky sweet taste and pulled them off when the breast reached about 160-165 degrees.
Teal_wBacon.after.jpg

Can anyone tell me if they notice anything peculiar about the last two pictures? :whistling:

I see nothing wrong. You can't cook without a little nibbling! :D
It all looks great!