• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smokes for Gustav

cajunblaze

Well, my fellow brothers, I am staying for the Hurricane Gustav.
If you go to National Hurricane center and look at the projected path, I live right on the path dot between 7:00 am Monday and 7:00 am Tuesday.
I figured I will have a good cup of coffee, eggs and hash browns, then a Black Cohiba Churchill for breakfast.
I will have baked fish with new potatoes and fresh fruit for luch, then a Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Monarca.
If the wind subsides by dinner I will have a grilled ribeye, salad, and asparagas, then a CAO Soprano Associate.
If I decide to stay up late, I will drink a couple of homebrews with a Padron 2000 Maduro.

Everyone have a safe Labor Day and I will do the same!!! :D

Rich

ps I wish my tats from Big Al would have made it before the storm.

Good Luck Rich.

I read this in the NY Times:

"After pulverizing numerous homes and roads on Isla de la Juventud, a small province just off the coast of
Cuba, Gustav moved to the mainland, where it destroyed more homes, knocked out power, and ruined tobacco crops in the province of Pinar del Rio, which produces many of Cuba’s celebrated cigars.
"

Is there a reason you need to stay?

I damn sure wouldn't, unless I had a steel reinforced waterproof concrete bunker with walls > 4 feet thick.

Stay safe.

Be safe, stay dry and smoke all you can. Also expect to be without electricity for a while. I lived in your area when Andrew came through, he was a nasty beast.

Ken

Hang in there man. Be safe and make sure to give ol Gustav the bird when he comes flyin by!

Stay safe Rich. I hope the family got out? with the coolidor, of course! ;) Ifn you decide to run, Dallas isn't too far. There's always a place here for a BOTL. :) Nice smokes!!!

Rich, why don't you ship your sticks to me for safe keeping while you host your own solo hurricane party.

While you're at it, play some Cowboy Mouth while you thumb your nose at Gustav.

Yes, the family did get out, but the sticks stayed with me!
They are going to shut off the power around 5:00am on Monday. So, I will be eating and drinking very well for the next couple of days. I love it when my wife buys those ribeye racks!

I'm trying to figure out what I should smoke during the eye. If you have never been in a hurricane, when the eyes passes over, there is a blue sky, no rain, and very little wind. It's a very calm time and after about 20 minutes the wind and rain starts from exactly the oppisite direction from which it came before the eye.

I might try my Tat Angeles that I got from a newbie trade, since I have a box coming. :cool:

The rain has already started.
I try to post some photos.

Rich

Better keep your coolidor up high so your sticks don't get wet. I can here the news now.....Man found alive in water....saved by hanging on to cooler full of cigars.....

I hope you have electricty long enough to do all that cooking.

Good luck Bro. I think I would have left while I had a chance.

Stay safe and don't do anything like look out the window while the wind is howling outside. Best of luck!

We are getting lucky with this one, it decreased to a level two hurricane. My wind gauge is measuring 48 mile winds with gust up to 74 mph. There are alot of limbs down and minor flooding. The worst thing I saw so far is a flatboat skidding down a street!

Breakfast was great, but I had to smoke the Cohiba inside(sorry honey where's the lysol).

Rich

We are getting lucky with this one, it decreased to a level two hurricane. My wind gauge is measuring 48 mile winds with gust up to 74 mph. There are alot of limbs down and minor flooding. The worst thing I saw so far is a flatboat skidding down a street!

Breakfast was great, but I had to smoke the Cohiba inside(sorry honey where's the lysol).

Rich

Awesome to hear brother! Time to celebrate! :thumbs:

Hey stay safe and indoors, i am watching the stream on CNN.com and it looks bad. Thankfully not as bad as first thought.

It's such a relief for Gustav to have decreased to a Category II before making landfall. Much less trouble for those affected by it.