• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

smokin' a La Gloria Cubana Serie R

Techmaster-1

I am actually smoking it now and smmes to be a nice tasting cigar. A little big with this ring guage of I think it is 60, but a good cigar for the money. Not really sure on what I am tasting from the cigar as I just started it... :thumbs:

This is a fairly good line of cigar with a strong taste - enjoy!

Sam

yeah I liked it a little stronger smoke compared to some of my others but I had no real taste to it? Not sure if maybe I was just to rushed to enjoy it and not paying attention to it or what but I also do have a hard time wrting what i mean sometimes...anyways a good smoke but a big a$$ cigar..... not bad for the money if you do not mind loosining your gaw up some... :) :lookup:

love most la glorias. The series R is no different. Has one out of Pepes maddie pass and loved it. I plan on getting more.

Probably my favorite in the La Gloria line. The #5 is my favorite.

Maybe it's just me.
I have tried a few of these and I just didn't like them.
As a matter of fact I tend to avoid them now, and send them out when one does show up.
I have a double corona one now from Havana and I have been thinking about trying it- hoping it would be better than its counterparts.

I have heard (and I really don't know how true it is) that LGCs go through a particularly dramatic "sick phase" for about 6 months to a year after being rolled. During this time the cigars are actually going through another fermentation and give off all sorts of foul gases...ammonia for example. So maybe this is what you're experiencing.

Not that this is an 'R' series...but the Soberano Maduro is a great one to store away for about 3 years.

Bought a box of #6 in February at the JR in Selma, NC. Just smoked the last one last week. I really like them, but I had to get a bigger cutter!
Lou

I like the # 4's and # 5's in maduro. The # 6's and #7's are just too big for my tastes. I have tried the naturals in # 4's but they didn't do anything for me either.