• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking a Beef Brisket

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Funny either this hasn't been discussed or the search engine stinks. I want to smoke my first beef brisket. It is soaking right now in a beef brisket marinade from the store. Any tips?

I'm not an expert, but slow and steady wins the race. Keep the heat constant. I like hickory and/or apple wood for smoking. I've always used a dry rub for smoking. Just did some ribs for the football game last Sunday.

Let us know how it turns out!

x2.

There isn't a whole lot to smoking a brisket. I too prefer a rub. The first time I did it, I followed the instructions on the Dizzy Pig BBQ website found here. It came out perfect.

I should add that I have the pork thing down pretty well and even have my first pay to smoke job coming up.

I use a digital thermometer (polder). Put it in the thick part of the flat and cook to 185 deg. Cook at 210 to 240 deg. It will be tender & moist.

When smoking a brisket you want the temp to be 125 150 and yes do not get in a hurry will need to sit for hours also when i do mine save that marinade and put it in a spray bottle to give it a little spray once in a while hope it turns out well for you

Turned out nicely. Had a Texas Toast and Brisket sandwich last night with some sweet baby Rays :love:

whats a brisket???

The gods' gift to Texas. :cool:

Offset wood-fired smoker, not too hot, and pretty much all day. Here on the Coast we like to slice it onto warm tortillas with a little Trappey's Red Devil, but usually you eat it off butcher paper with pickles, onions, a jalapeno and some white bread on the side, and a Big Red to drink.

~Boar

How did that Brisket come out? Have you done any since?

I have one sitting in the fridge right now with a wet rub I use. (Stoagieman saw it last night) I also have a dozen pork chops with a dry mesquite rub just resting away.

If you really want a tender brisket get it above 185. 195 -200 is awesome.

How did that Brisket come out? Have you done any since?

I have one sitting in the fridge right now with a wet rub I use. (Stoagieman saw it last night) I also have a dozen pork chops with a dry mesquite rub just resting away.

If you really want a tender brisket get it above 185. 195 -200 is awesome.

Came out nicely. I haven't done anything since except for a turkey which turned out good as well.

I dunno what all the fuss is about, clip the fugger and torch the opposite end...

I dunno what all the fuss is about, clip the fugger and torch the opposite end...

Anyone else read this post hearing Billy Bob Thortons voice. weird.... Sounded like something he would say too

Low and slow...I've done a couple. Keep the temp around 250 and let it cook for a good 8 hours. Good luck..

Next time you do a brisket, trim off some of the crunchy blackened parts after it comes out of the smoker, put some more rub and sauce on the pieces, and throw em back into the smoker for a few more hours. BURNT ENDS BABY! :D

I've been working on a recipe and cooking times for years. I've perfected a Texas Rub, but the smoking was killing me. My BIL, resident of Texas, my favorite style suggested par-baking. Reversed his suggestion, smoke the brisket for about 3-4 hours, then put it in a 225 oven for another 2-3 hours. PERFECTION!