• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking / Collecting...

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
Does anyone else seem to "hoard" cigars? By this I mean, I seem to buy, or have gifted cigars to me.....and allot of times I don't want to smoke them..... I want to collect them. I want to try some of them....but then I think..."if I smoke it, I wont have it" So I grab a everyday smoke that I may have multiples of. I am getting quite a nice collection going at this point. I don't know, we all know im dumb haha. Just curious if anyone thinks like this or has ever thought like this?

Maybe I should start buying more then 1 of each when I buy "Randoms"? 

Sorry for the dumb thread but there has got to be someone out there that has done this or does do this.....I hope.....

The hobby is very personal. While I have cigars that I've kept for years, they all will be smoked some day for some occasion our even gifted. Collecting for the sake of owning some rare cigar is just not my thing.

I agree. Although I'm the beginning of this hobby ib did tend to hold onto some more than others. Eventually they all go up in smoke, so smoke it. Also if you don't smoke it how will you know that you like it when you get the opportunity to purchase a box?

I know I keep saying how will I know... Haha but some of the rare ones I may never get again... Oh one day..

What do you consider rare?

I think of it as well I might not be around tomorrow. Everyday you can find a reason to smoke a nice cigar.

True. I will try and find a reason at least once a week to take a random and try it out.

Rod. Rare..... I guess maybe not rare... but given to me straight from dominican or costa rica from friends. Or the old Cubans I started with when I joined this forum. I personally probably couldn't reolace those. I guess that's what I mean by rare.

If you never smoke your "great" cigars, you'll never know if you like them.  You'll never be able to talk about them.  You'll be missing a big part of cigardom.  Sharing your cigar experiences.  Smoke 'em up Brother.  You'll wind up missing out on some amazing sticks. ;)

broblues said:
If you never smoke your "great" cigars, you'll never know if you like them.  You'll never be able to talk about them.  You'll be missing a big part of cigardom.  Sharing your cigar experiences.  Smoke 'em up Brother.  You'll wind up missing out on some amazing sticks. ;)

thanks for the advice, maybe that's the little kick in the ass I needed! haha The wineador just looks so good stocked! with nice premium cigars from all over the country and the world. But your right! smoke them up!

Someone will be along shortly with a link to Infinity's post, I'm sure.

tomthirtysix said:

T36 is a hoarder don't pay attention to him!

It's important to find the balance that works for you. Collect them if you enjoy it, smoke them all if you enjoy it.

Gavin said:
It's important to find the balance that works for you. Collect them if you enjoy it, smoke them all if you enjoy it.

Valid point, Im some where in the middle of that statement. I do burn them, but regret losing the stock at times, but have also been very happy once I burned one, turned out to be one of my top 5. BUT have not been able to replace them yet. So that little issue is what gets to me. Im not sure might have a screw or 2 loose up stairs......... or 3.

As for me I try find as many special occasion to smoke them. If I dont have on I makw one up!! :))

tomthirtysix said:
You mean the one I have as my sig tag?

Bsneed51 said:

Yes that's the one! Was true when he wrote and was true when he passed away! Life is too short its only tobacco leaf when it's all said and done.

tone-ny said:

Yes that's the one! Was true when he wrote and was true when he passed away! Life is too short its only tobacco leaf when it's all said and done.

Yet another valid point.

extremeXconcepts said:
Maybe I should start buying more then 1 of each when I buy "Randoms"? 

I buy at a minimum a 5'ver of something I want to try, I'll smoke a couple and let the others rest a little more. Your "collection" will build from that point. 

I plan to either smoke or gift all of my collection as the years go on and if I happen to pull out an old crusty Padron from 10 years earlier that I forgot about in the humi, oh well!  :thumbs: Lucky me! 

Sounds like a good idea. I was just looking through a new cigar mag I got today, and picked out a few samplers with 5 of each.