• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in NY

wam79

I will get the chance to spend a day in NYC the week after Christmas. :thumbs:
The city must have changed a bit in the last ten years :laugh:
Any of our NY brothers recommend someplace worth going to for a cigar while I'm there?
Places in the General area of Grand Central. I'll be going to the city by train

Bill

You gotta let us know if you'll have any free time while you are here. Maybe we can get a small HERF together.

Cigar Inn.... 71 Street & 1 Ave.... nice selection in the humidor.... they definitely charge NYC prices....

Bill,

tone-ny already provided you with the most comprehensive info. A few thoughts:

Very nearby is Nat Shermans (500 5th Ave at 42nd St) where I go regularly in the late afternoon. No drinks. Nice seating area upstairs in the walk-in humidor and a few seats all the way in the back upstairs with a TV. If you walk in like you own the place and go directly upstairs to light up your own nobody will mind. Premium smokes (VSGs, PAMs, PANs, 1926s/Opus if they have them) are very expensive and I find the Nat line none to tasty so I always bring my own.

2 nice bars that allow cigar smoking are:

Lexington Bar & Books
1020 Lexington Avenue (73rd St.)
(212) 717-3902
and
Hudson Bar & Books
636 Hudson Street (Horatio St.)
229-2642

trouble is they don't open till the evening (I think after 5 but you should call to be sure).

There are 2 other places in the immediate vicinity of Grand Central.

The Campbell Apartment
15 Vanderbilt Avenue (42nd St.)
Grand Central Terminal
953-0409

The Carnegie Club
156 West 56th Street (between 6th & 7th Ave.)
957-9676

BUT...these places no longer allow cigar smoking every day. Its hit or miss. And the Cambell Apt especially discourages patrons who only go there for a drink and a smoke.

There are indeed a host of other places...The Davidoff stores (1 in the 50s on Madison and the other at Columbus Circle) but seating at both is limited and they prefer you buy a smoke, Club Macanudo, etc. But for a nice stop mid-day near Grand Central I pick Nats; for a drink in the evening 1 of the 2 bars mentioned above.

Good luck.

Davidoff is on Madison Ave. in the low 50's.
De Laconcha is on 6th at around 53rd..they have some chairs in the front window where you can sit and smoke.
JR is on 5th and 45th.
There is a little hole-in-wall place with decent smokes on 47th between 7th and 8th Ave.
Have a good time.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:
I plan on enjoying the day when I go there. Nice meal for lunch, see some of the sites
I haven't been in the city in so long I'll bet there are a lot of changes

Bill

BkCloud114 said:
You gotta let us know if you'll have any free time while you are here. Maybe we can get a small HERF together.

Cigar Inn.... 71 Street & 1 Ave.... nice selection in the humidor.... they definitely charge NYC prices....
[snapback]253483[/snapback]​
Yeah it would be nice to meet up when I'm there.
Everyone is busy at Christmas time , but maybe there will be more free time during that week between Christmas and New Years

Bill

Do you know what day yet? I still have vacation days I need to take before the end of the year

Tell me when and where & i'll be there. :)