• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking multiple cigars consecutively?

Tillers

Ever smoke a couple (or few) cigars back to back?

Well, I'm fixin to...

My lighters been giving me problems lately, not sure if I refilled incorrectly or something, but it'll work intermittently like it should, then crap out (flames will either jump high or be non existent). So, point to that is I got a horrible light on my first cigar. Burnt one side and lit the other side. So I' rushing to smoke it so it doesn't burn out (like happened the other day). Anyway, I didn't get to enjoy the smoke at all.

I came in, purged my lighter and refilled. Waited 5 minutes and sure enough it fires up like it should. Three nice, powerful, consistent flames.

So, maybe this topic has sub-topic within it, that being perhaps the butane I'm using isn't ideal. I never had any problems with the lighter before I refilled it. This leads me to believe there's either a problem with my refilling technique or with the fluid I'm using, which is Xikar Premium Butane. Ligher is a Xikar as well. I've read the instruction and watched videos and from what I can tell I"m doing everything correct.

So, off to burn another one, hopefully more enjoyable than the last:)

Ever smoke a couple (or few) cigars back to back?

Well, I'm fixin to...

My lighters been giving me problems lately, not sure if I refilled incorrectly or something, but it'll work intermittently like it should, then crap out (flames will either jump high or be non existent). So, point to that is I got a horrible light on my first cigar. Burnt one side and lit the other side. So I' rushing to smoke it so it doesn't burn out (like happened the other day). Anyway, I didn't get to enjoy the smoke at all.

I came in, purged my lighter and refilled. Waited 5 minutes and sure enough it fires up like it should. Three nice, powerful, consistent flames.

So, maybe this topic has sub-topic within it, that being perhaps the butane I'm using isn't ideal. I never had any problems with the lighter before I refilled it. This leads me to believe there's either a problem with my refilling technique or with the fluid I'm using, which is Xikar Premium Butane. Ligher is a Xikar as well. I've read the instruction and watched videos and from what I can tell I"m doing everything correct.

So, off to burn another one, hopefully more enjoyable than the last:)

All the time.

Yes to your first question. I'm not a lighter expert, so I won't comment on that. The one thing I can comment on is never, ever rush a cigar. Even a good cigar will turn bitter and taste like crap if you rush it. If your cigars are going out on you, it can mean they are too wet, you may want to check your storage conditions. The shop I smoke in has a kid that comes in and smokes a 7x50 or so cigar in 30 min or so. I just watch in utter amazement, there is no way he could be enjoying that thing. Smoke slowly and relax. You will be amazed at the flavors.

I can't smoke a cigar anymore unless I plan on having two or more. I'm weird that way.

I can't smoke a cigar anymore unless I plan on having two or more. I'm weird that way.

Similar here. I find if I can only have one due to time constraints it means I'm spending my time watching the clock. I like having enough time for two even if I only smoke one as I never have to watch the clock.

During the workweek if I have a cigar, it's usually just the one. Weekends? Two to three, one after the other---I like to smoke while I'm watching movies and netsurfing. Roadtrips, I've got a cigar going the whole time I'm on the road; camping trips, the whole time I'm awake. :cool:

~Boar

I smoke 2 to 4 a day, and hardly ever 2 in a row. That said, when I first branched out from smoking the same 3 cigars all the time (which I did for about 20 yrs; Punch, ERDM, & JdN), I was so eager to try the boutique or cuban cigars, I would smoke 2 in a row. Theses days, on the rare occasion that I have time to hang out with some friends at a BBQ, or at the B&M,etc., I will smoke more than one.

I smoke with one in each hand every time. If I had more arms or a servant of some kind, I'd smoke more.

I find if I tape the ends of the cigar together it helps with th "consecutively" part and eliminates any gaps.....

I do occasionally smoke 2-3 consecutively, but the flavors of the
second and third are subdued by the finish remaining from the first.
That's why I don't often do it.

If I eat a meal, or have some good drink to clear my palate, then
smoking 'almost' consecutive cigars is much more enjoyable.

Never rush a cigar. Enjoy the experience. It's a mini vacation.
One xlnt cigar is worth more than 2 mediocre smokes, imho.

Chemyst :cool:

That's called a good day!

To echo what Chemyst said, if I do smoke multiple cigars consecutively, I find my palate's not quite as sensitive after the first. If it's a cigar I've never tried before, I like to smoke it first to really get a good impression of it. Smoke your old standby second (or third, or fourth).

I've been known to smoke 2 at the same time and sometimes 4 at the same time. There was a time I'd smoke any where from 10 to 20 cigars a day. As soon as one was about to be finished, I had another one ready to go. Now its rare if I smoke more than 1 cigar in a day. But when I am stressed out and worried about my next VA trip, I will smoke a few cigars that day. :laugh:

I do occasionally smoke 2-3 consecutively, but the flavors of the
second and third are subdued by the finish remaining from the first.
That's why I don't often do it.

If I eat a meal, or have some good drink to clear my palate, then
smoking 'almost' consecutive cigars is much more enjoyable.

Never rush a cigar. Enjoy the experience. It's a mini vacation.
One xlnt cigar is worth more than 2 mediocre smokes, imho.

Chemyst :cool:

That has always been my experience as well. Unless I'm smoking with friends I rarely smoke more than one cigar a day. I probably average 2-3 week. I just can't pick up on the flavors in the 2nd and 3rd sticks to enjoy them the way I normally would. In this case, less is more.

I usually don't smoke back-to-back. During the weekend, I might have 2 in one day, but not back-to-back.

If, I really want a killer back-to-back smoke I buy these... :sign:

EDIT - making post easier to read.

Well I didn't bak-to-back em yesterday, but I did smoke both the Perdons I picked up, they were nice!