• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking multiple cigars

brownnation

I find that when I'm smoking multiple cigars in a row with varying degrees of quality I tend to start with the lesser ones and work my way up to the ones I like better. Anyone do it in a different order? Do you try and smoke the same quality in one sitting? Is there something you do to cleanse the palette in between smokes?

Brown

Light before medium before full bodied would be of the most concern. One wouldn't appreciate a light Davidoff after a palate assaulting Opus X.

After two cigars in a row, you might as well fire up a Connie and pretend it's an Opus.

It is extremely rare that I want to follow one cigar with another. I'd rather just smoke something like a Vegas Cubana Magnates for a good long smoke. If I do, one fail safe smoke is the Vegas De Fonseca.
A lot of folks I know don't seem to like them. To me they are a very good cut above the average, mercilessly consistent, ( thank you Mr. Quesada) and have a flavor profile that comes through very well to my fatigued palate.

An experienced smoker once told me that having a piece of chocolate helps clear the pallet (e.g., Hershey’s Kiss)

I've heard all sorts of things, citrus, milk. I wonder that the nose is fatigued, so a clean palate is only half the battle??

Light before medium before full bodied would be of the most concern.

I subscribe to this theory as well, but not always.

Sometimes over the course of a long day...like an all day BBQ....I'll have a milder cigar with coffee in the morning during setup.....a heavier cigar while drinking beer and cooking...then a medium smoke while winding down with a few glasses of red wine....and then like a Partagas Short with the late night after dinner drinks. If I put a fair amount of time between smokes while eating a ton of different foods and different beverages, I can bounce between strengths without problems.

But then again, my wife says I eat, drink, and smoke way too much....so WTF do I know. ???