• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Order

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I notice after I smoke something strong, I'm unable to tell if the next cigar is as good or bad or whatever.

Today I smoked a BBF, then smoked a LaFlor face off after. Until the end of the face off, it pretty much had little to no flavor- which I know is not the case, as I have smoked them before.

I know its because of the strength of the BBF and its affects on my taste buds (burning them to a crisp I supposed :p).

I herf as often as possible, and I'm smoking 2-3 a day right now, and often I'll smoke 2 in a row... How do you guys smoke when herfing or smoking multiples in a row?

Best than cheaper, etc.
Strong than less strong, etc.

(Did I explain this right? ???)

I just smoke whatever I feel like smoking at the moment and follow it by what I think I'd like next.

Havana followed by Havana :D

If there is something I have not smoked yet I'll always smoke it first

I always try to smoke in order of strength - other wise, as you've noticed, I can't taste the next cigar.

I just keep smokin and drinkin... :0 ... and drinkin and smokin. :D

I find that when I am going to smoke more than one cigar in a period of a couple of hours....it helps to be sipping something good.....Crown Royal, Bombay and tonic no fruit, Jegger, or my new found love, Woodford Reserve.

For me it seems to keep the taste buds tasting. :thumbs:

If I'm at a herf the usual order would be milder to stronger but as others stated it helps to take a break between cigars and also have some food or drink. I know we all enjoy being at a herf and being able to smoke multiple cigars but it's not a chain smoking event... LOL! Take your time... enjoy the company and the cigars and stick with mildest to strongest and you'll be able to enjoy each cigar in your lineup!

Aloha,

Wade

This is like tasting wine. It's tough to get anything out of a Chardonay (light) after you've just had a full-bodied Cab (hearty).

Try starting w/ your lighter smoke and working up to the powerful stuff. Or, you can start w/ the Powerful stuff and end w/ an Opus X Toast Across America :) I haven't found much of anything that's spicier than that mouth-full-of-japapenos-monster.