• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Smoko" or "quito" ?

saltypete

Reaction score
Here in Oz , when we take a break or 'knock off' for a coffee and/or a smoke it is known as taking smoko. The Australian anti-smoking nazis don't like the word and have gone on the record as saying this.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/564797...uits-quit-says/

The PC fun police are at it again. I always thought Quito was the capital of Ecuador. The mind boggles.

Respectfully,
Pete

What's John Williamson going to sing? "Hey true blue, don't say you're gone. Say you've knocked off for a quito and you'll be back later on." Doesn't have the same ring to it.
You can bet that the Diggers who fought in 2 World Wars, and many smaller conflicts never stopped for a bloody 'quito'. Smoko is just another Australian slang term, we Aussies have invented all kinds of off colour terms which aren't PC. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and have a beer, I'm as dry as a dead dingoes donger. End rant.

Pete

After my smoko I'm going to practice for the six o'clock swill.

After my smoko I'm going to practice for the six o'clock swill.

AVB, thats some good olde fashioned American slang that I can get behind.

Six O'Clock Swill, kind of has a ring to it doesn't it, I like it! :thumbs:

You should give the PC Police a swift kick in the chazwozzer and dump the body in the malonga gilderchuck.

There's a good ripper, yeah? Onya mates, those bloody drongos can kiss my freckle.

I think you mean, there's a rippin' yarn, not a good ripper. You still have much to learn Clinto.

You flamin' mongrel.

Oy there Mac-er!!! No need to get up me in front of the mates. Let's grab the esky, sink some piss and nut out.

Cor Blimey! You sure got me chuffed with that, Clinto. Beauty mate.

Come down under, we'll all say G'day and go for a six o'clock swill and a smoko like true cobbers.