• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smooth Cigars...

jonski

Which cigars are the smoothest? THE cigar that got me interested in smoking was a Cohiba Piramides LE. But since then, most of the cigars I have smoked (mainly Monte No.2) have tasted dry and hard. I would prefer a sweet and easy, soft and warm taste, but don't know where to go. I also prefer it thick and shortish...

Maybe a Ramon Allones Specially Selected (RASS)? Damn fine cigar and very smooth (in my opinion).

I think I have to agree with mrjingles on this one. The RASS is one fine, smooth smoke. Great flavors. Nothing bad to say about the whole smoking experience.

If you start with a Cohiba it's all down hill from there ;)

Might as well stick with the best:

Cohiba Robusto
Esplendido
Lancero
Siglo II, V, VI

AF Don Carlos are pretty smooth.

Also many cigars (especially ISOM) will smooth out with age.

[/quote]

edrm?
[snapback]170402[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Remeber, I'm a newbie and don't just yet get these acronyms.

edrm?
[snapback]170402[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[snapback]170663[/snapback]​
[/quote]

There is a page just for the newbies who dont know the acronyms,
Newbie Link

jonski said:
edrm?

[snapback]170385[/snapback]​

It doesn't help that that acronym is incorrect. It should be ERDM which is El Rey del Mundo. ;)

Try an AVO Signature Rubusto, very smooth and med. body. Davidoff of course is also very smooth.

lucas.. so is the siglo IV not a good cohiba??
DAMN!! I just picked up a box..!! Let me know.. thanks!

alexgtp said:
[snapback]172483[/snapback]​

Nah, I was just naming the ones I consider to be the smoothest. There is no such thing as a bad Cohiba ;) Seriously though, I've had every regular production Cohiba and many of the limited sticks and they've all been good. But I do love that Cohiba flavor so that's to be expected :) Just had a Siglo IV recently that was exquisite :love:

alexgtp said:
[snapback]172483[/snapback]​

The Siglo IV, with at least 18 months of age on it, is a great cigar... It is a smooth cigar, but does go through sick periods just like any young cigar... After many years of aging, after which it stabilizes, the Cohiba line is the prototype of a smooth cigar...

ERDM choix supreme are also smooth; note: the young ones smoke well out of the box, and then get stronger with age up until a certain point. I recently smoked a 1998 Choix Supreme and it was pretty damn strong (not as smooth as I had expected).

The Quai d'Orsay line is by far the sweetest and lightest of the Cuban cigar brands... It is definitely a smooth cigar...

Someone mentioned AVO Signatures above... I do have to say that the AVO Signature Belicosos are very smooth smoking cigars... I haven't tried the other sizes... I wasn't overly impressed with the AVO 22... I have some AVO 75's and 77's, but have yet to torch them...

The VSG Estate Reserve is definitely a smooth cigar...
Padron 1926 Naturals are fairly smooth...

jonski said:
Which cigars are the smoothest? THE cigar that got me interested in smoking was a Cohiba Piramides LE. But since then, most of the cigars I have smoked (mainly Monte No.2) have tasted dry and hard. I would prefer a sweet and easy, soft and warm taste, but don't know where to go. I also prefer it thick and shortish...
[snapback]170359[/snapback]​

for isom the best robustos of 2004 was the partagas serie d #4 great mild smoke with a lot of taste

It may just be my tastes but I think that Punch Cigars are pretty damn smooth. Now mind you I have never smoked an ISOM yet and my exposure to different brands is pretty limited but so far of all the smokes I have had the Punch (non ISOM) is the smoothest.

bhaney said:
It may just be my tastes but I think that Punch Cigars are pretty damn smooth. Now mind you I have never smoked an ISOM yet and my exposure to different brands is pretty limited but so far of all the smokes I have had the Punch (non ISOM) is the smoothest.
[snapback]173690[/snapback]​

In the "short and fat" club I picked up boxes in '04 of (acronyms off) Cohiba Robustos, Party Serie D #4, Ramon Allones Specially Selected, and El Ray Del Mundo Choix Supremes. The Supremes are definitely the mildest/smoothest of the lot, followed IMHO by the RASS. The PSD4, while equally smooth, is stronger.

I consider the Supremes to be one of the finest afternoon cigars out there. Just a real delight. They really do smoke nicely right out of the box, and they mature a little faster than heavier cigars. My cab is from Aug and I'm smoking them left and right...

The few rocky patel "the Edge" maduros that I have had have been very smooth and subtley strong.