• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So have you ever found yourself saying.....

SinceJay

I don't think I can finish the cigar. I know crazy right. Well today I found a new tobacconist, with two walk in humidors. The prices are great and so is the selection, So, I bought an Olivia serie V Double Robusto and a AF chateau fuente maduro; all for under $10.

I got home at around eleven, walked the dogs and then It was me time OH YEAH. I chose to smoke the Olivia, you know the routine. I had a nice burn going, I'm really getting the hang of this. This is by far the best smoke I've had to this date. Although I had many distractions (more like interruptions), I still enjoyed it. About 5 minutes in, an elderly woman came to introduce herself (neighbor), so I put the cigar down and ended up talking for quite a while. The cigar went out :( . The perfect burn was gone and so was the ash I worked so hard for in the past 5 minutes, again :( .

After this I believe I the cigar became cursed. I mean that's the only explanation for it dieing on me four more times, right? . It couldn't have been that I kept getting up to move the sprinkler or that maybe it was too humid.

Anyways, the cigar was so smooth and down the line had some nice spice, even now the aftertaste is great. I did however find myself saying I can't finish this one. I'm such a newb :p

Edit: Yea i finished it. I left about 1 1/2 in

I think we have all had those moments at some time or another. But my question is what do you consider finishing a cigar. I guess the right answer is when you are done, I typically only smoke 3/4's of a cigar. I have had many enjoyable smokes and do not think I have ever nibbled a cigar.. Anyways I really love the Oliva V maduro.. Great smoke..

Also... A lot of B&Ms keep their humidity slightly higher than the recommended level so usually if you try to smoke one right out of the store it will burn a little funky on you. Its usually best practice to let it rest for a bit in your humi so that it can adapt to the new environment and even out humidity wise. A lot of times it is hard to resist that temptation to smoke it right away, though!

I think we have all had those moments at some time or another. But my question is what do you consider finishing a cigar. I guess the right answer is when you are done, I typically only smoke 3/4's of a cigar. I have had many enjoyable smokes and do not think I have ever nibbled a cigar.. Anyways I really love the Oliva V maduro.. Great smoke..

Nibbled? I don't believe I've ever nibbled a cigar as well. ;) I nub most of my cigars, but not every one. As long as the cigar tastes good and I'm enjoying it, I'll keep puffing on it (though the smaller it gets the more I "sip" it.

Nibbled? I don't believe I've ever nibbled a cigar as well. ;) I nub most of my cigars, but not every one. As long as the cigar tastes good and I'm enjoying it, I'll keep puffing on it (though the smaller it gets the more I "sip" it.

Ahh, good old droid auto-correct.. Gets you when you least expect it.

Stop trying to pick up that elderly woman and just smoke the cigar .........

Aahahahahahhaha come on northermorris you got all excited about the old lady stopping by and meant to say nibble! Don't worry we all get fat finger syndrom on these phone keyboards.

I have notice my local joint has the humidity way up and if I smoke one right after I buy it, it almost always burns terrible.

I smoke till it doesnt taste good lol

If I dont like it, or its not burning right or its just all wrong, get rid of it, get a new one!

Yep I have had those cigars - the elderly lady

Watering while smoking a cigar usually ends in a bad smoke for me, you never get all the moisture off your hands added to touching the cigar multiple times = a soggy PITA

Well, unfortunately I was still enjoying it when I let it go out (I consider that not finished). I actually started to feel bit nauseous, I decided to kill it before I really felt bad.

Also... A lot of B&Ms keep their humidity slightly higher than the recommended level so usually if you try to smoke one right out of the store it will burn a little funky on you. Its usually best practice to let it rest for a bit in your humi so that it can adapt to the new environment and even out humidity wise. A lot of times it is hard to resist that temptation to smoke it right away, though!

I have notice my local joint has the humidity way up and if I smoke one right after I buy it, it almost always burns terrible.

That was probably it. Other than the occasional no smoke draw, the Olivia was worth every penny. As for the elderly woman Bayamos, I can ask for her phone number if you'd like
raiseeyebrows.gif