• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So i bit the bullet

LockOut

Been thinking about a big TV for a while. Tonight i got a 52 inch Samsung 1080p with the 120hz refresh. IT IS AMAZING. will post pictures tomorrow after i peel my eyes away from it. Now i just have to get a ps3 to go with it. :thumbs:

That will make a nice combo! Then you may as well get the new Call of Duty game as well, what anouther slippery slope to face plant on!!!
Enjoy Brother

Yeah I am thinking of after the holiday picking up something big for the basement

That will make a nice combo! Then you may as well get the new Call of Duty game as well, what anouther slippery slope to face plant on!!!
Enjoy Brother

Dont forget GTA4 ;)
That will loook awsome on that TV,especially in 1080P :0

Been thinking about a big TV for a while. Tonight i got a 52 inch Samsung 1080p with the 120hz refresh. IT IS AMAZING. will post pictures tomorrow after i peel my eyes away from it. Now i just have to get a ps3 to go with it. :thumbs:

I wouldn't advise getting a PS3, for one reason...your wallet will hate you. :blush: I bought one, and literally got addicted to blu ray and High Def. :love: To this day, I own over 200 blu ray movies, and a dozen or so games....I know, I have a problem. If you think cigars were expensive...just wait. :(

I wouldn't advise getting a PS3, for one reason...your wallet will hate you. :blush: I bought one, and literally got addicted to blu ray and High Def. :love: To this day, I own over 200 blu ray movies, and a dozen or so games....I know, I have a problem. If you think cigars were expensive...just wait. :(

You know tou can always download them :sign:
and then hook your pc to the tv.

Oh I have tried....it's just not the same quality...plus the video shelf looks pretty sexy with all the uniformly blue cases.....that one Green one really stands out though :angry: :sign:

Oh I have tried....it's just not the same quality...plus the video shelf looks pretty sexy with all the uniformly blue cases.....that one Green one really stands out though :angry: :sign:

I guess I agree.
Up until 3 years ago I was collecting DVD's.I have about 200 and more.
When I started watchng HD content I coudnt go back to DVD.
I abandoned this hobby also because of the cost.
Now I'm watching HD with My HTPC connecting to my LCD.
By the green one you mean the Matrix ?

I guess I agree.
Up until 3 years ago I was collecting DVD's.I have about 200 and more.
When I started watchng HD content I coudnt go back to DVD.
I abandoned this hobby also because of the cost.
Now I'm watching HD with My HTPC connecting to my LCD.
By the green one you mean the Matrix ?

Wrong! The Hulk! ;)

Great set and I'm sure you got a good price on it too.

For most regular folks Blu-Ray will provide a great picture but at the prices they are charging for most it will be a slow process. If you have a large amount of standard DVDs you would be surprised how good they can look when run through a full blown video processor. I can do an A-B switch test between my Panasonic DMP-BD35 and my SDI equipped Key Digital KD-1080P processor and you have to look pretty hard to see the difference on the 106" screen. The Blu-Ray does look better but and SD disk isn't too far behind. However, it does take a good chunk of change to get it there. The up-conversion in the players isn't even close, Blu-Ray wins that hands down.

If it's the Samsung with the touch-of-color then I believe I just bought the same tv over Thanksgiving. Side note....do you have to turn the 120 refresh rate off if you're watching regular cable to keep the picture smooth? I had mine set on the medium speed and the picture would freeze and unfreeze every 3 seconds or so. Tech guys....why?

Congrats and enjoy it!

I'm waiting for the New Year sales :whistling:

I also just picked up a LCD on Thursday, 46" Bravia. Watched the Big Dumb lose to the Titans yesterday OTA. I also ordered a Panasonic BD35K, not here yet, I can't wait for it!

There has been talks of a Blu-ray drive coming to Xbox 360 for a while. I am sure it will happen within the next year. Besides, Xbox has better games!