• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some cigars I smoked recently (photos).

Danforz

I've gotten back into cigars pretty hard. Smoking a bit more than I'd like, for health reasons. Nonetheless, I've had the opportunity to smoke some sticks that made me very very happy. 

I was going to post the photos one by one when I realized how long that could take. I hope you guys aren't too scared of facebook ( :p ) so I thought I'd just make the album public and paste the link. 

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.forouzan/media_set?set=a.323063027826869.1073741835.100003695234251&type=3

In Order: 
  1. Perdomo Edicion De Silvio (2009) 
  2. Trinidad EL 2007 Lancero 
  3. Davidoff Special 4 (2008)
  4. Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (I believe 2005)
  5. My first San Lotal Oval :) 
  6. Zino Platinum (cheap series) Corona (2006) 
  7. Cohiba Behike 
  8. SLR Churchill (2001)
  9. Arturo Fuente Anejos King B (2009)
  10. Bolivar Exclusivo Alemania (strange large toro size) (2008)

11. Perdomo Vintage 1991 (what I believe is an under appreciated cigar) (2009)

12. Tatuaje Miami Reserve (2012)

13. 601 Oscuro Toro 

14. 601 Maduro Toro Grand 

15. Via Habana Toro (only sold in Newport Beach, CA as far as I can tell... WHAT A GEM!) 

16. Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill (2008)

17. Tataje 10 Year Anniversary Torpedo

18. Camacho Liberty Robusto (original release, I believe 2001) 

19. Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur 
Of all of them,the Anejos, the "special" cigars, and the Via Habana cigars stick out the most. The latter of the three maybe because it was a random discovery; but it also was very very good. Reminded me of the earlier Tatuaje's in terms of meatiness, heft, and beautiful wrapper. 

Thoughts? 

I had a Hoyo Del Monterey and I loved it ! 

Was the one in your album a Maduro ? 

I saw the Dark Knight in the Famous Smoke catalog they sent me. 

I was wondering, how did the Excalibur Dark Knight compared to the Excalibur?

Turbolag said:

Turbo,

First off, nice nick name ;-) I recently got my hands on a BMW Twinscroll turbo engine, max torque at around 1200 I believe. Such fun.

Anyways, here is the Dark Knight: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=357865504346621&set=a.323063027826869.1073741835.100003695234251&type=3&theater

Yes - it is a maduro and well worth investigating. The funny thing is, I smoked the DK prior to smoking the regular line. I eventually got my hands on the Excalibur as well as a specially aged line of Excaliburs CBid had a while ago and they struck me as different cigars. The regular line is incredibly creamy (the aged version even more so) while the DK strikes me as nutty, earthy, and a bit more meaty. 

Try one and let me know what you think!!

henjg124 said:
Anejo King B? ???

Fixed. 

Danforz said:

Turbo,

First off, nice nick name ;-) I recently got my hands on a BMW Twinscroll turbo engine, max torque at around 1200 I believe. Such fun.

Anyways, here is the Dark Knight: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=357865504346621&set=a.323063027826869.1073741835.100003695234251&type=3&theater

Yes - it is a maduro and well worth investigating. The funny thing is, I smoked the DK prior to smoking the regular line. I eventually got my hands on the Excalibur as well as a specially aged line of Excaliburs CBid had a while ago and they struck me as different cigars. The regular line is incredibly creamy (the aged version even more so) while the DK strikes me as nutty, earthy, and a bit more meaty. 

Try one and let me know what you think!!

henjg124 said:
Anejo King B? ???

Fixed. 

Thanks man. Took me a while to think of it. haha  ..... Wow, what car was that motor in !?

I was wondering if since it has a maduro wrapper it is has a nutty taste. I love how the maduro wrapper and the gold band go together. I saw some for sale on FS or CI. I'm gonna check the catalog and see. 

First, nice list of smoke. We all have favorites and trying many gives you new opportunities to find the good amongst them all.

Second, I believe you have a minor typo on line (5), meaning, should that be a San Lotano?

Last, the attached is for your (and all the folks here) to give you some depth about cigars and health. Draw your own conclusions.

http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Cigar_Journal/Cigar_Science/Entries/2007/10/24_The_Critical_Difference:_Premium_Cigars_vs_Cigarettes.html

Thanks for your input.

Where in Newport do you find the Via Habana?  I work in Irvine...would love to find it.