• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some pretty decent salsa

smokintexas

What have I gotton myself into?!
So I will not claim to be a master of salsa, but I enjoy making it a home as a good party snack.

You will need:
1 Clove Garlic
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Orange (Stay with me..)
1 Bunch fresh Cilantro
1 Red Onion
4-6 Cans Diced Tomato (You can use fresh tomatoes if you prefer, but this is a bit easier and you can't really tell a huge difference.)
1 Small Can Diced Green Chili (Again, can use fresh if you prefer)
4-5 Fresh Jalapenos (Seeded)
Cumin to taste
Salt to taste

1) In a food processor finely chop Garlic, Onion, and Jalapeno (all separately.)
2) Take all of the cilantro leaves off the stems and then finely cut the Cilantro (I like big chunks of Cilantro in my salsa, so I usually barely cut it up but most people don't like Cilantro as much as I do!)
3) Open and drain the cans of Tomato. Take the drained diced tomato and throw it in the food processor to dice it up a tad more (I am not particularly fond of large chunks of tomato in my salsa) and then drain it again after you dice it up to ensure the salsa is not too runny. Once it is drained pour the tomatoes (usually sort of a paste if you will) into a large mixing bowl.
3.5) Do the same thing with the green chilis. Drain and chop them up.
4) Gradually add the chopped Garlic, Onion, Jalapeno, Green Chilis, and Parsley. Don't overdo it, you can always add more, but its hard to compensate when you've added too much. (Be particularly careful with the Garlic!)
5) Add the citrus (lemon, lime, orange.) The reason I add orange is because it adds a little more depth and it changes the flavor profile, but you don't have to add it.
6) Salt and Cumin to taste.

The good thing about salsa is that as you are eating it if you feel like it needs something more you can just throw it in. Through my experience its not how much of something you put in it, its what you use. As you can see I don't have a specific "recipe", you just kind of throw it all in there until it tastes like something you like!

**At the end of the night try not to forget that you have cut jalapenos, because if one were to scratch their eye with remnants of jalapeno juice on their finger that might hurt. Not that anyone would do something that stupid ??? but if you did, it might hurt!**

Thats a good recipe. Pretty close to one I use, but instead of jalapenos I user serrano chilies. The green chilies are key.

Thats a good recipe. Pretty close to one I use, but instead of jalapenos I user serrano chilies. The green chilies are key.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely have to try that out next time!

Thanks for sharing, sounds like it's right on the money! I'll have to try that out next Sun. ;)