• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Someone teach me!

JackImpact

Ive read the guide but I feel like I cant get pipe smoking down. My pipe always gets super hot and when it gets closer to the bottom I cant keep it lit so when I empty it theres a bunch of unused tobacco! I use matches and i just cant seem to get it to burn right. Someone use their infinite wisdom to teach me =[

Pack looser, don't puff so hard/often.

Try that for awhile and see how it works.

Your tobacco might also be a bit wet. This will make you have to puff more to keep it burning. Try leaving it out for ten minutes before you smoke it or after you've rubbed it out (just don't let it stay out too long).

What kind of tobacco are you smoking? Some are not noob friendly. Try Prince Albert. You won't impress your friends, but you'll figure out pipe smoking a whole lot quicker, suffer a whole lot less, and break in your pipes really well as it cakes well.

Doc.

I think wet may be the answer, but I will try some Prince as well! Thanks guys!

What kind of tobacco are you smoking? Some are not noob friendly. Try Prince Albert. You won't impress your friends, but you'll figure out pipe smoking a whole lot quicker, suffer a whole lot less, and break in your pipes really well as it cakes well.

Doc.

This may have been my problem. I tried smoking a pipe but had a hard time keeping the tobacco lit. Didn't know if I tamped too much, didn't get enough fire, etc., so I gave up on it. To me, it was much easier toasting the foot of a cigar and smoking for the next hour or so.

Doc.

This may have been my problem. I tried smoking a pipe but had a hard time keeping the tobacco lit. Didn't know if I tamped too much, didn't get enough fire, etc., so I gave up on it. To me, it was much easier toasting the foot of a cigar and smoking for the next hour or so.
It takes patience. Cigars do, too, but pipes are a more contemplative experience. I try and keep a couple tins close to "dry enough to smoke". Most tins are too moist by far at first crack. If I want to smoke something aged from the "cellar", I take some out to dry.