• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Something for the fall.

DraXxus1549

Well I visited a local cigar shop for the first time today. Actually the guy that owns the place has 2 stores, I have been to his other but this was the first time at this particular location.

As I am trying to try as many different cigars as I can, I asked him what he recommended, well this is what I left with.

(The quality is not great I used my cellphone, I don't have a camera.)

I did a little searching in the review section and couldn't find one about this particular cigar. So what are your guys thoughts on this?

On a side note my girlfriend bought a CAO LX2, I am just wondering if this is going to be to strong for her, on CAO's website it said if was very close to their fullest bodied cigar.

I had an LX2 gifted to me. It was pretty damn strong IMHO. You might want to be available for a backup in case she needs it.
Have you smoked this Perdomo? Alot of guys at my local B&M purchase this. How is it?

Well I visited a local cigar shop for the first time today. Actually the guy that owns the place has 2 stores, I have been to his other but this was the first time at this particular location.

As I am trying to try as many different cigars as I can, I asked him what he recommended, well this is what I left with.

(The quality is not great I used my cellphone, I don't have a camera.)

I did a little searching in the review section and couldn't find one about this particular cigar. So what are your guys thoughts on this?

On a side note my girlfriend bought a CAO LX2, I am just wondering if this is going to be to strong for her, on CAO's website it said if was very close to their fullest bodied cigar.

Perdomos don't get a whole lotta love around here. But don't let that stop you if you find you like it. I've never had the Lot 23 but I've had most of the rest of the lines and the only one I like is the Habano Maduro. Try it and if you like, buy more and don't think twice about it. Better yet, smoke it and post a review and you tell us how it is. :thumbs:

I had a few very good smoke for the price, one of my friends love them too death. I always say smoke what you like :thumbs: :cool:

I just picked up a box of the Lot 23 Natural Robustos. I'm a fan of the few Perdomos I've tried. One thing about them is I've often found them to be built great across the brand. I find the 23 a great yard gar if you can pick up a box of 20 for $60 or so. Perdomos remind me of Gurhkas in that sense, MSRP seems a little high but on sale they're decent pick ups (although I've never had a Gurhka, that's just based on what others have said).

I love the Lot 23 maduro. Have a couple in my humi as I type. Can't go wrong for the price, especially if you're like me, and you enjoy Nicaraguan cigars.

I don't have a backup for her, I hope she will be okay, I tried to warn her but why would she listen to me :whistling:. I haven't smoke the lot 23 yet I will most likely do it tonight, as long as it doesn't rain. I'll let you guys know what I think.

I really enjoy the Lot 23 Maduros, nice smooth, constant flavor. They seem to be a one dimensional smoke to me, nothing wrong with that though.

I don't have a lot of experience with Perdomo, but the one Perdomo I have had was the Lot 23. It wasn't a bad cigar, but like Mizicke said...it is very one-dimensional, and for a NC stick, it didn't have the usual power I have come to expects from NCs. As for the CAO LX2, it is far from a LG Chisel in terms of strength, but it is still strong, especially if you are a cigar novice/newbie. There is a good chance that the stick will give her the spins and maybe a visit to the porcelin god, if she doesn't take it slow and easy...

I don't have a lot of experience with Perdomo, but the one Perdomo I have had was the Lot 23. It wasn't a bad cigar, but like Mizicke said...it is very one-dimensional, and for a NC stick, it didn't have the usual power I have come to expects from NCs. As for the CAO LX2, it is far from a LG Chisel in terms of strength, but it is still strong, especially if you are a cigar novice/newbie. There is a good chance that the stick will give her the spins and maybe a visit to the porcelin god, if she doesn't take it slow and easy...

I'll let her know, I hope she makes it through it. I only payed about $6 for the perdomo so expectations aren't exactly high, I just hope it doesn't suck lol.

I'll let her know, I hope she makes it through it. I only payed about $6 for the perdomo so expectations aren't exactly high, I just hope it doesn't suck lol.

Don't let price point dictate how you set your standards. Fuente 8-5-8 Maduros are great smokes, and retail for $4. Well, $4 before SCHIP, so $5 now? Whatever. There's plenty of great sticks you can find at that price, and plenty of bad ones you can easy drop a $20 on.

Do yourself a favor, look through some of Moki's blind review threads. He sends out 10 unbanded sticks to 10 different guys, and asks them to review them, posting the reviews. He then reveals what the smokes actually are, and quite often, you'll be surprised at the results.

I only paid about $3 per stick for the Lot 23 yet I doubt yours will taste twice as good as mine. Don't get caught up in price or next you'll be going broke buying shellaced 1 year old ORs :whistling:

Edit: I realized that last line might PO some people. It was meant as a general joke, not any personal slags.

Lot 23's and the cigar in the picture above are in my worst 5 cigars ever had. Who knows, I could have had duds.

Don't let price point dictate how you set your standards. Fuente 8-5-8 Maduros are great smokes, and retail for $4. Well, $4 before SCHIP, so $5 now? Whatever. There's plenty of great sticks you can find at that price, and plenty of bad ones you can easy drop a $20 on.

Do yourself a favor, look through some of Moki's blind review threads. He sends out 10 unbanded sticks to 10 different guys, and asks them to review them, posting the reviews. He then reveals what the smokes actually are, and quite often, you'll be surprised at the results.

I will definetly keep that it mind, I'm gonna head over to Moki's reviews now as well thanks.

So I ended up having it tonight, it was pretty okay. It was nothing special, I haven't smoked that many cigars but this was definitely average in my book. I still can't really taste a difference in most cigars that I have had, this was no exception. All in all I probably won't be having another one of these.

So I ended up having it tonight, it was pretty okay. It was nothing special, I haven't smoked that many cigars but this was definitely average in my book. I still can't really taste a difference in most cigars that I have had, this was no exception. All in all I probably won't be having another one of these.

It takes time to find and develop your tastes, but you should know what you like and don't like pretty much off the bat. That does not mean you might now enjoy it at some later date, but the key is to move forward and try some new smokes. You'll find your niche. It can be a long and evolutionary process.

It takes time to find and develop your tastes, but you should know what you like and don't like pretty much off the bat. That does not mean you might now enjoy it at some later date, but the key is to move forward and try some new smokes. You'll find your niche. It can be a long and evolutionary process.

Thanks for the advice, as of now I am trying to get something different every time I smoke.

The only Perdomo I really enjoyed has been reblended. I loved the old Reserve Maduro's.