• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Son Of A BEE

PSTAN

I come home this evening from work and the wife tells me she heard some buzzing like bees around the front porch and we need to go get some spray. I look and some bees seem to be building a nest/hive in a corner of the house by the front porch. Ok, well eat then go get some spray. It wasn't 10 minutes later we were still out side in the garage and we heard this loud noise. Now I got an entire freakin hive trying to take over a corner of the house. :angry2: :angry2:

Edit 05-17-05
Had to leave the first picture for the WTF factor.
IMG_2124.jpg

For the rest from yesterday, 05-16
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/pstan/IMG_2127.jpg

I call the local Bee Keepers Association and try to track someone, anyone down to come get them, NO FREAKIN LUCK YET ??? SO I call an exterminator that starts with Termi.... and they ask if they are Honey Bees, like I am going to get close enought to tell :laugh: Why do they ask? "If they are Honey Bees we are not allowed to exterminate them because they produce an agricultural product, honey. If they are not Honey Bees we can come exterminate for a one time fee of $189":0 Now I have to try everyone I already talked with to come tell me if they are Honey Bees or not so I can KILL THEM. I tried to not have them killed but it seems to me that they are going to DIE, SOME HOW, SOME WAY. ;)

The fire department will take care of them, I believe. CAll their non-emergency number and ask.

Just get the hose and spray 'em down. ;)

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago. I came home in the afternoon and there were a bunch of bee's flying around the front porch. About 15 min later there's a whole swarm around the front door. Then about 2 hours later they were all gone. Guess they decided to build their hive elsewhere.

Like ree said, call the fire dept. They will take care of it for you...

You can also buy a can of spray that will work from about 20 feet away. It shoots a pretty tight stream and is pretty effective. It's been awhile since I've had to use the stuff, but I'm sure it's readily available at most hardware or home improvement stores.

Just remember to close your front door before you start and have a handy exit planned! ;)

maybe i'm just too old-school, but if I were you, i'd put on a jacket, and a hat...grab some raid or a spray hose, and go to town...they must bow to you...you are the master.

I called the city and they said that they will not "handle Bees anymore" :(

Fortunately a local Bee Keeper finally returned my call and is working on trying to get someone to come look and take them if possible. :whistling:

I swear, there must be over 100 bees hanging on the outside of the brick molding and no telling how many on the inside. :0

If you need to do it yourself, go out first thing in the morning(dawn), the bees will still be in the hive, hit the hive with the spray, remove hive, problem solved.

Well, I resized the pictures too much for anyone to see. I am sorry about that and will ty to correct them this evening.

The Bee Keeper came and took several hundred of them away and was hoping he got the queen as well. The problem was that he could not get all of the drones/workers out and left me a couple hundred more to spray. They are sprayed now and hopefully gone, I will have to wait and see this evening.

thank god bees are not a problem in the desert...we have our occasional run-ins with african ones tho..killed some lady last year

smoke is supposed to get Bees sleepy
HERF on the porch :D :D

Bill

wam79 said:
smoke is supposed to get Bees sleepy
HERF on the porch :D :D

Bill
[snapback]186774[/snapback]​

I actually thought about that but there were so many I didn't want to anger them and get attacked. I post some links later today and you can actually see all the Bees in the sky while they were swarming. This by far ranks up there as one of the wildest things that I have seen in nature. The other was heards of field mice running across the highway. The wife never believed me till she seen one herself.

Those look like honey bees to me.

I've had a couple of experiences with white faced hornets. There was a large hive about one foot in diameter under the eaves on our house. My brother and I took an M80, taped it to the end of a large stick, lit it and shoved it in the hive.

KA BOOM

No more bees. :laugh:

I tried this stunt again a few years later with a hive that was up in a tree. The M80 exploded right before I had a chance to bury it in the hive so it only blew the side off. I ran like hell into the house being chased by 100 or so very upset white faced hornets :0 They swarmed all over the screen door. I had a great time spraying bug spray through the screen killing all the rest of them :laugh:

when i was 12 or so, i was walking in the woods with my cousin ad stepped on an underground hive of yellow jackets. i remember my entire body going numb and then looking down to see my entire body covered in yellow jackets (was in the summer, had shorts and a tank top on). after a 911 call and a trip to the hospital, they counted 350 stings and put me on 4 IV's and adreneline. i was swollen for a few days, and am very timid around bees of any sort now. I wouldn't go near that swarm for a million cohiba's, no sir. (well, maybe a million or so cohiba's) Glad you got the keepers to get rid of the swarm for you. make sure to check where they got in and seal the hole up! take care...

edit for spelling

CCs stunt sounds like something I'd like to watch him try now, LMAO. Kinda like a stunt jackass would pull.

bfreebern said:
CCs stunt sounds like something I'd like to watch him try now, LMAO. Kinda like a stunt jackass would pull.
[snapback]186829[/snapback]​

"stunt jackass"? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you mean man you :( I am so hurt, I don't know what I'll do..............

:sign:

THREADJACK: Who's that actress from Broken Arrow I saw featured in the newspaper last weekend?

I meant the MTV show "Jackass" you DONKEY.

Actress from Broken Arrow? No idea.

Rob_k said:
when i was 12 or so, i was walking in the woods with my cousin ad stepped on an underground hive of yellow jackets. i remember my entire body going numb and then looking down to see my entire body covered in yellow jackets (was in the summer, had shorts and a tank top on). after a 911 call and a trip to the hospital, they counted 350 stings and put me on 4 IV's and adreneline. i was swollen for a few days, and am very timid around bees of any sort now. I wouldn't go near that swarm for a million cohiba's, no sir. (well, maybe a million or so cohiba's) Glad you got the keepers to get rid of the swarm for you. make sure to check where they got in and seal the hole up! take care...

edit for spelling

[snapback]186827[/snapback]​

WOW :0
A long time ago, I was chopping roots on that large silver maple I mentioned in another thread. Well, apparently some freakin' yellow jackets had a nest in the ground on the other side of the tree and three of the little SOB's attacked me and stung me. MAN did that hurt!! I had a large welt on the inside of my leg for a week. I can't imagine getting stung 350 times, you're lucky you survived that :0

That night, my brother and I poured gasoline down the entrance to their hive and lit it on fire :laugh:

No more bees :laugh:

The next day, a couple of lost souls were flying around wondering why a large burn pit was now in the place of their former hive :D