• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soprano Boss

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Size: HUGE

Wrapper: Mata Fina Brazil

Binder: Honduras

Filler: Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and Colombia

Sorry no before pictures this time gents...

But this picture tells without words how well made this cigar is.

sopranoashge6.jpg

And this picture how much I liked it.

sopranonubck6.jpg

Now lets get down to brass tacks.

The Soprano line has been discussed here a few times with most people's opinion running toward "Good cigar, but too expensive." Well receiving one as a gift takes away the guilt factor and lets you concentrate on how good a cigar really is.

Jabba and Zeebra decided to get even with me in a big way for a little sampler I sent them a few weeks ago and as I opened the box and then baggie this stick automatically grabbed my attention by the short and curlies and made me say "DAAAAAMN!" This is a big honking cigar! The CAO site says its 7 x 56 but it looked a lot bigger than that in my sweaty hands.

The Wrapper was ugly as sin and as dark as Tony Sopranos's Pistol. Huge masculine veins ran up and down the full length of the cigar. This thing just screamed I'm a Mutter Fugger and I'm gonna kick your damn ass.

I have to mention the cigar band, its a black shiny oval with C. A. O. embossed in hot flamingo pink, the foot of the cigar is wrapped in a matching pink band with "Sopranos" on it, pretty damn cool looking.

I carefully slipped both the band and the foot covering off the cigar since I planned to try (and I succeeded) to smoke this one into a tower of ash.

I clipped as little as possible from the tip of the torpedo and took a healthy dry draw. Powerful flavors of aged tobacco assaulted my mouth and promised me of the ride to come.

Toasting the foot made my eyes water, this is NOT a mellow cigar gentlemen. Torched it up and sat down to see how well it would burn.
The draw was a bit tight but nothing to be concerned about, its a torpedo after all and to get as much length out of it as I could, I didn't cut it as widely as I normally would have.

Now I must mention the cigar took some shipping damage, the wrapper was cracked on one of the huge veins and a patch of wrapper near the crack was completely missing, this effected the draw and burn not a bit. As you can see from the top picture this in fact caused the cigar to make a wicked curve when it reached the damaged spot.

What can I say about the ash... good god it was like cement! Dense as my bosses head and as gray as New York City on a Rainy Fall day.

And O M G the flavor. Man what a good tasting cigar, this was without a doubt the best C. A. O. cigar I've smoked. The blend is extremely well done, tons of nutty spice and good strong tobacco flavoring through-out. However the beast hid a gentle heart, the taste was never overpowering and it never developed any tar build up even with me smoking it as near vertical as I could for close to two hours.

And I didn't feel dizzy or lightheaded when I finally said to my daughter "Take the picture, its ash is longer than the one from yesterday and my fingers are starting to smoke."

I truly have no idea what these cigars cost, and frankly don't really give a shit. This is a cigar deserving to be in everyone's humidor even if only for a special occasion. Now all I want to do is find a few more.

Highly Recommended :thumbs:

Shawn

And I can not thank Jabba and Zeebra enough for sending me this stick. Thank you gentlemen, it was one of the best I've smoked all year!

Schweet review Shawn, as expected from you.

That's good news to here about this smoke. I've only had the Associate, smoked it two nights ago (thanks Rigo) and really enjoyed it. I stated it was the best CAO I'd had yet. Rigo was graciously enough to throw a Soldier in the mix as well, so I'm looking forward to that one as well.

I've heard with these 'gars, either you really like them, or you just don't care for them. I really liked mine as you did the BOSS.

Dag nab it, I guess now I have to get one of those as well.

My favorite parts of the review:

Size: HUGE

and

The Wrapper was ugly as sin and as dark as Tony Sopranos's Pistol. Huge masculine veins ran up and down the full length of the cigar. This thing just screamed I'm a Mutter Fugger and I'm gonna kick your damn ass.

lol

You gotta enter that into the longest ash contest. Awesome review. :thumbs:

Sorry about that wrapper damage -- my fault. :blush:

nice man. i saw one at my b&m but was turned off bsplury the price. might be one to splurge on for that special occasion

I love the Sopprano series they are about the most expensive cigar that I have smoked. They may actually be worth the money!

Helluva review Shawn!!! :thumbs:
I have yet to try one! I had one, but gave it up in one of my CP poker losses!!!
Looks like I should hunt down another one!!!

Thanks again for the review!

Hell of a review bro, the CAO Sopranos have had me awe-stricken for awhile, by far one of my most wanted smokes. I live in a town in Montana where all there aren't many CAO's let alone Sopranos. The box of Sopranos litters my desktop wallpaper and I hope I'm fortunate enough to try one some day.

Great review, Shawn!

I've got to try one of these bad boys. Every time I talk with Al, he mentions these and it seems that these might be the best size of the line. One of these days I'll pick one up - thanks again for a great review.

Picked up a Boss this weekend, $15, oh well my fuente sungrown box can wait. How long should I let this rest before torching it?

Another nice review. Thanks. I too enjoy these cigars. Certainly not a daily smoke but always satisfying when I have one.

And yes, this is the winner of the longest ash contest at over 6 1/2". The contest prize in enroute right now.

You crazy Long Ash fucker! :laugh:

Great review...I have one of these big boys sitting in my humi. I have been waiting for the right occasion to light it up. Perhaps today will be the day after reading the review :thumbs:.

WoW! It was really fun reading it :)
ps. almost 2 hours of smoking? damn its a lot of time~!

:thumbs: Very nice review buddy! :p I might need to try one of these now. :D

I have a Boss that’s been in the humi for a few months. The special occasion I’m waiting for is whichever one comes first: my wedding day or the Chargers winning the Super Bowl.

And those of you above that haven’t tried any Sopranos yet (and have their addys in their profile), I just came back from dropping some stuff off at the post office… :whistling: