• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

South of North Carolina Pulled Pork

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Some of you may know that I make a coastal North Carolina style pulled pork with a coleslaw topping and a hot vinegar sauce. This is just a minor variation of that.

I had just finished smoking my pork butt and was making that 1st hot in the pan sandwhich when I discovered that the bottle of Hot vinegar sauce I thought I had was really a bottle of Worcester sauce that the label had fallen off of. I had used the last of my red pepper on the rub and so couldn't make any more immediately. What else could I use? I remembered I had a little salsa left over from making salsa chicken. Now this isn't anything special just off the shelf Wal-Mart Hot salsa that I add 1/2 and onion into. So I make my sandwich on a toasted Kaiser Roll with the pork then the coleslaw and then a tablespoon of this salsa spread out on top of the coleslaw. Not bad if I do say so myself. I also found out that the order seems to matter - to me at least. The second one where is did the salsa first then pork then coleslaw just wasn't as good a flavor profile as the hot salsa mixing with the cold coleslaw on top.

So if you are in walmart and can swing the $1,50 or so for the salsa I'd say give it a try and tell me what you think.