• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Space Shuttle Discovery Launch Pics

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
I went up to Kennedy Space Center for the Discovery launch on Thursday and had a blast. Har har.

I didn't want to experience my first (and likely last) shuttle launch fiddling with my camera, so I just put it into the highest resolution and set the burst mode for 1 picture every second for 10 seconds with each button depression and just aimed from the hip and pressed the button constantly.

As such, I got plenty of pictures featuring nothing but blue sky, but also plenty of good ones. I ended up with somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 shots from the launch itself. Some have been cropped, some have been color-corrected, some have just been shrunk down. All the originals are ~2.5 MB and 3264 x 2448. Feel free to steal them, and if you'd like bigger/better copies of anything, I'd be glad to share them. Just shoot me a PM...

I've culled them down and put them into a slideshow which you can see HERE.

Anyway, they're pretty self-explanatory.

Enjoy!

Shuttlelaunch088croppedresizedcolor.jpg

Must have been pretty great to experience in person. Looks pretty sweet.

That's pretty amazing. Unfortunately I've never experienced and likely won't experience a shuttle launch. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. The kids watched it on NASA TV. I teared up for some reason. Must be a hormonal imbalance.

Cool pics, bro. I would have probably found a way to add the nude female form to the pictures but I guess you are more of a purist than I am.

It seems that ever time they pouch a hole in the ozone, the weather keeps getting f'ked up. 100 years from now
they will being trying to fix all the holes, with Spackle. Thanks for sharing.

I
'm gunna be crushed if I don't get up there to see one before they are done :(

Cool pics, bro. I would have probably found a way to add the nude female form to the pictures but I guess you are more of a purist than I am.

Thanks!

Sorry to disappoint, though I know you'll be pleased to learn that the docking procedure was successful yesterday. Here's a pretty neat time-lapse video of it.

In case anyone is interested, the registration to get into the lottery for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Endeavor launch (scheduled for Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 7:48 p.m. ET) is open now until 3/9 at 5:00 PM, and can be found HERE.

In case anyone is interested, the registration to get into the lottery for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Endeavor launch (scheduled for Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 7:48 p.m. ET) is open now until 3/9 at 5:00 PM, and can be found HERE.

Thank you SO much for that link. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to a launch (I was a space camp geek shhhh...trying to not let anyone know ) :whistling: I have no idea how I would get there but if they pick me and I can get tickets I will be there for sure!

Great photo even without the naked girl! Thanks for sharing.

It is a cool thing to see. The coolest I ever saw was a night launch from the Gulf side. It was an incredible sight to see........