• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spanish cedar

SFG75

Master-passer
Just curious here-what's the going rate for Spanish cedar? I'm tempted to order some through the local lumber yard, but I don't want them to take me to the cleaners. Just need a good ballpark range to make sure that I don't get hosed if I do decide to line the new coolidor. :)

You can find precuut "planks" on ebay and yahoo. I don't know how it compares to getting in the yard though. I would think the yard would make you buy a minimium amount seeing how they dont stock it.

Emo

I had a look on ebay yesterday, and most of the pieces being sold were too small to cover one complete side of my 150qt. and since (I think) you got a 120qt, scott, they're probably too small for yours too, assuming that's what you want to do.
of course, larger pieces may come up for auction, but then you've got higher shipping costs to consider, too.

I think what randy did with bargain humidors is a great idea, though...to just order a liner set for you cooler, and give them dimensions a couple inches too large, so you can cut it down exactly to your liking.
only $30 or $40 that way.

Good quality Spanish Cedar can be found for between $3.50 and $4.50 a board foot.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will definitely be checking out the online sources first and now know a good ballpark figure to make sure that I don't hosed. Thanks a million guys!. :)