• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sparkling Shiraz?

Cheekie

Yeah fuggers, I am still around!
Ok I love Shiraz and mixes with it but, in my travels I see write ups for sparkling shiraz, I was wondering if anyone here has already tried this....

Yup, a few times and still one in the cellar. I personally enjoy it very much and haven't been dissapointed once pairing this with a roasted turkey during the holidays.

:cool:

Ha!
After searching a local shop for about 25 minutes, asking the clerk ( which looked at me as I was on crack ) my date shaking his head at me because I really think he thought I had no clue what I was talking about, and going to the local WholeFoods the next day with the same guy and searching almost every bottle there, I found a DAMN spark'Shiraz!!!!
I had to say I was on the verge of doing the funky white girl dance of victory!!!
I got it home and was damn near beside myself to try it- I have to admit...
I wasn't too dissapointed, but wasn't thrilled either... Funny enough I ended up with a shiraz mix a few weeks prior that took the cake... The TURK OOOH DADDY!! ( SEE OTHER WRITE UP)
NOW ...Back to the SPARK SH...RAZ!
It's a contradiction in terms, reds need to "warm and bloom" while sparks are chilled-
Which although I had it at a decent temp- Not too warm and definately not chilled it just didn't blow my skirt up!

My view:
Fruity with miniscule hints of oak I could tast the fruitiness on the tip of my toungue which just screams BBQ to me... Seemed slightly dry but still sweet went very well with dinner....

The bottle I was able to locate was South Eastern Australian, I belive that the line offers a BRUT & Extra Dry... I for the life of me can not remember the name of it. But, I do know of one line that I am dying to try: Rockford Black Shiraz.

I have to admit that it was not the most expenssive bottle of wine either. Which seems like the ultimate dinner wine to me. I would liken this wine to the equivalent of chicken... goes with a little of everything :)
My date also enjoyed it...Although he was entranced by his find: Delirium Noël...