• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spit or not to Spit

Every since i have been smoking cigars i have not been able to swallow my own saliva while smoking. It really messes up my stomach. My question, is it bad ju ju to spit while at a outdoor herf. And do anyone have any tips on how to make this problem easier on me and my stomach. :(

Personally, I think it's kind of gross to be walking through someone else's spit-pile. Make sure you eat something first (or during :whistling: ) and have something alongside to drink. YMMV.

Jon is going to be so disappointed when he reads this and sees it's not an announcement for a "Spit or Swallow Herf."

I have a couple buddies that do this, and generally sipping on some cold beer fixes the "need" to spit.

Jon is going to be so disappointed when he reads this and sees it's not an announcement for a "Spit or Swallow Herf."

I have no retort.

It may be that you have too much saliva on your lips when puffing on your cigar(s). That may induce the phenomenon you describe, of feeling the need to spit lest you upset your stomach by ingesting your tobacco enhanced saliva. I also personally find that excess saliva left on a cigar may produce a harsher smoke over time. I endeavor to "dry lip" when cigar smoking.

I agree with the rest of the guys...eat food first...find a drink to accompany your smoke and don't spit.... it's just looked upon as rude in most places I smoke at.

Cheers,

R

What do you do when smoking indoors at a cigar lounge or something? Maybe employ that idea when outdoors....

Vodka helps too....not just beer but again, YMMV..

What do you do when smoking indoors at a cigar lounge or something? Maybe employ that idea when outdoors....

If it's a choice between spitting and puking, by all means, spit. But the lads gave you good suggestions to help you avoid doing either.

Search is your friend!

Look around and see.
A thread about spit or swallow, with a reply from Gary, and no link? WTF?

LINKY

P1000604.jpg

Every since i have been smoking cigars i have not been able to swallow my own saliva while smoking. It really messes up my stomach. My question, is it bad ju ju to spit while at a outdoor herf. And do anyone have any tips on how to make this problem easier on me and my stomach.
sad.gif

I drink something brewed. Stops my spit and tastes great. Nice picture by the way!
thumbs-up.gif

Personally, I think it's kind of gross to be walking through someone else's spit-pile. Make sure you eat something first (or during :whistling: ) and have something alongside to drink. YMMV.
I try not to make piles of spit.

It may be that you have too much saliva on your lips when puffing on your cigar(s). That may induce the phenomenon you describe, of feeling the need to spit lest you upset your stomach by ingesting your tobacco enhanced saliva. I also personally find that excess saliva left on a cigar may produce a harsher smoke over time. I endeavor to "dry lip" when cigar smoking.
You are 100% percent right on all points. I tend to wet the tip of my cigars while smoking. I will employ all suggestions given thanks for you thoughts.

I agree with the rest of the guys...eat food first...find a drink to accompany your smoke and don't spit.... it's just looked upon as rude in most places I smoke at.

Cheers,

R
Now this is what i was afraid of... I have had friends to do the same but i wanted to know proper etiquette

At cigar lounges i do drink to settle my stomach but still depending on the cigar it not pleasant. but as i said before i wanted know if its OK or not.