• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spots on Cigars. . .

lbrief

Received box of Montecruz Negara Cubanas from JR yesterday. More than half have white spots on them. (No it's not bloom, the spots are way too concentrated and sporadically distributed). (No, I don’t think it’s mold. mold is usually “fuzzy” and a dull gray/white, whereas these are bright white).

Anyway, these spots are bright white, most are located near the band or near the cap. The location made me wonder if maybe the rollers (or banders) got a little over zealous with the glue (but that doesn’t seem like the answer either since excess glue is usually shiny/transparent and usually won’t wipe off). These spots wipe off quite easily.

Here’s the best description I’ve got to describe what I’m looking at. Imagine your wife has been baking all day and has dusted the counter a few times with flour. Several hours later, after the kitchen has been cleaned up, you go to get your prize carving knife out of its block and there upon the pristine mahogany handle, you find a very tiny splash of flour (or you find that the handle has been wiped clean but flour is visible in the crevice where the blade meets the wood). It’s so small that no one except you would notice.

That is what the spots look like that are on more than half my cigars. Some have spots, others have little streaks of white in the seams. None of the cigars have alot of this stuff, it's really hardly noticeable unless your an obsessive compulsive lunatic like me. And all the white wipes off easily

Any ideas. I’ve already boxed them back up for return to JR. But if someone has experience with these spots (or more importantly if you are a Montecruz smoker and you find this kind of thing all the time) then I’ll just save the return postage. (and, since in that case, I’ll have extra postage around, make sure your addy’s in your profile ;)

[EDIT: as of now, this is a moot question. JR is sending me a replacement box and a prepaid shipping label to return the "qestionable" smokes. But, feel free to reply if you have any thoughts, your answers might prove helpfull in the future.]

Keep the white powder away from them DEA sniffing dogs. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Now let someone with wisdom and experience answer this question.