• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Springbank Scotch

Vicster

Social identity theory
[SIZE=11pt]I was honored yesterday to have the opportunity to spent the better part of the day whisky tasting at a friend’s house. This is no average collection, I estimate there is over 200 bottles of Scotch, Bourbon and whisky. Completely overwhelming. There are some very rare bottles in this collection most I had never even heard of before. One of the bottles we tasted was a Private bottling Single Malt Scotch from Springbank. About 15 years ago he purchased an entire barrel, waited for it to age and when they said it was ready they bottle it and deliver it to his house from Scotland. He was actually present for the final tasting prior to bottling. Anyway on the way out the door that evening I was given a bottle of this wonderful Scotch. The crown jewel of my collection.[/SIZE]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10864]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10863]

Wow ! First time I hear about a distillery other than Bruichladdich doing some private casking.

Enjoy brother!

I might just have to take a trip up the Valley - it's only 120 miles.  Private Scotch bottlings are very hard to get especially here in the US.

AVB said:
I might just have to take a trip up the Valley - it's only 120 miles. Private Scotch bottlings are very hard to get especially here in the US.
Your welcome any time. It would be a Whisky event to remember bringing you and Chuck to the same table.

That is awesome!

200 bottles? AND I thought I had trouble saying no!

Sounds like a great day.  And you were able to go home with a very special bottle.