• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sprint triathlon

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
This year to keep myself off the couch I signed up to do a short triathlon. It's this Sunday and I'm starting to freak out. I would not call my workouts "training" but I am down about 35 pounds over the last six months. I am waiting to see if I come close to the time I have set as my goal.

Some stats: I'm 6'2" 215(ish) Still smoke better than 4-6 cigars /week

I swim slow
I bought a new (used) litespeed bike this summer, still learning cycling technique.
I hardly run, I just started on treadmill in January.
I work wierd night schedule and workouts have been cut in half for last 2 months.

I did a 5K last month in 43 minutes

Now the course

300M pool lap swim
8 mile bike -- (2) 4 mile loops -- include a nice hill that I believe will be about a 3-4 minute climb
3.4 mile run --I've heard described as "hilly"

OK, Simply guess my total time. Closest guess without going over wins a small pack that will include one just like whatever I will smoke Sunday after the event. Bonus if you quess my swim within 30 seconds.

For starters good luck. Tri's are a blast and because its a pool swim you'll be safe and sound from all the head kicks from other swimmers.

Total Time 1 hour 47 mins

swim time 13:00 minutes.

You'll be fine for how much you have trained...steady wins the race bro. Rub a little vasaline on the heal of your running shoe to get in them easier ( Your feet will be wet). Also stay focused during your transitions...don't panic and you'll be faster.

Good Luck

Frank

Nice contest! I'm gonna say 48 minutes for the run, 1 hour and 7 minutes for the bike, and 7:45 minutes for the swim.

Total time: 2 hours 2 minutes and 45 secs.

Good luck. :) I have faith in you. :thumbs:

Good luck on all the events!

Total time: 2 hours 12 minutes 9 seconds
Swim time: 10 minutes 47 seconds

Thanks for the contest and good luck!

I'll say 2 hours 15 minutes.

I'm thinking 13 for the swim.
1 hr for the bike.
1 hr for the run.

Remember, pace yourself ;)

Ok, That was pretty cool, I did better than feared. officially: 1 hr 20 min 35 sec
I started the swim like a jackrabbit and never regained composure in the water. Halfway between floundering and drowning, I muscled through without any form in around 7 min 50 sec, no official split timing, just what I noticed on my watch timer on the way to transition.

I like the new bike, but I do not know exactly how fast I was because no split timing I think it was around 34 minutes.

Then there was the run. Either up or down there was no inbetween. but I think I broke 40 minutes.

So, without going over? I guess Gary and that 69 is in minutes huh? I'll need an addy in CT.

MikeyB215, in at 1' 39"30 I'm gonna need your addy too.

Thanks for the support.

Way to Go!!! Glad you beat the time I posted, sounds like you did quite well. Congrats!

within 3 seconds on the swim.
dead on the bike.

so far i'm off 3 seconds.

you ran too fast. :angry: