• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SRO - Just Curious

What do you think about the SRO (from JR's)

• Like them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dislike them

• Haven't tried them

• Total voters

blair

Just curious about what people think about these cigars. I happen to really like them. Some consider them to be too bland. Others has agreed that they are a little lacking but what do YOU think?
shrug03.gif

Blair:

If you like them, it doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) think of them. They are an inexpensive smoke, and I would take advantage of them if I liked them. You like them, so it would be perfectly reasonable for you to buy them. I sometimes catch grief from certain people (not to name names, Bill :D ) because I like cigars that he wouldn't touch. On the other hand, some cigars he really likes have few redeeming qualities for me. It is all a matter of individual taste.

My taste buds are fried from years of spicy food, full-bodied cigars and strong alcohol. You, on the other hand, can still taste subtle differences in flavor that are lost on me. I say go for it! :D

Take care, Bacchus

BACCHUS said:
Blair:

If you like them, it doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) think of them. They are an inexpensive smoke, and I would take advantage of them if I liked them. You like them, so it would be perfectly reasonable for you to buy them. I sometimes catch grief from certain people (not to name names, Bill :D ) because I like cigars that he wouldn't touch. On the other hand, some cigars he really likes have few redeeming qualities for me. It is all a matter of individual taste.

My taste buds are fried from years of spicy food, full-bodied cigars and strong alcohol. You, on the other hand, can still taste subtle differences in flavor that are lost on me. I say go for it! :D

Take care, Bacchus
Thanks for the post, Bacchus. Actually, I had your name in there. :D Where it reads "Some consider them to be too bland" used to read "Bacchus considers them to be too bland..." But I edited it out. Not that I thought that you would care but just that it wasn't necessary.

I'm still interested in having this poll continue, however. I do realize that it is all a matter of personal preferences but it is interesting to know what other people think of the cigars that you (I) like.

Being a maduro fan, I loved the looks of these right from the start.

But, when I smoked one, I was disappointed, they are very bland and the fine looking maduro wrapper really doesn't taste like much.

The one I smoked was either rolled poorly or plugged or something, I finally tossed it out with about 40% left.

But as Bacchus said, who cares what I think. Bacchus also makes another good point about tastebuds. Since I smoke two to three cigars a say, my tastebuds seem to be numb most of the time. I do remember that I smoked that SRO as my first cigar of the day and again, I did not like it.

I split a box of the mags but have only had one of them so far. It was not good so I haven't torched another since. The flavor was indeed bland, the draw was tight and it canoed worse then any stick I've ever smoked. I'll try another one eventually I'm sure but I think they're just too mild for me. I used to love mild cigars but I find now I much prefer the stronger varieties. But of course if you like 'em that's all that matters. There are plenty of sticks I love that are widely reviled :D

Didnt they change the blend of filler because it was to bland. and that why they are on sale at jr.

lucasbuck said:
and it canoed worst then any stick I've ever smoked.
That is a very true statement. They DO have a terrible burn. But, with these cigars, for some it doesn't bother me that they are so sloppy.

Ellman said:
Didnt they change the blend of filler because it was to bland. and that why they are on sale at jr.
They are changing the blend for the next run. I'm looking forward to trying those when they are released. That sweet black wrapper has a lot of promise.

And Hey Blair. If I were you I'd buy a few boxes of these before they're gone. Escpecially at the killer price JR's has them at now :)

BACCHUS said:
I sometimes catch grief from certain people (not to name names, Bill :D ) because I like cigars that he wouldn't touch. On the other hand, some cigars he really likes have few redeeming qualities for me. It is all a matter of individual taste.
Will I thought you liked all the cigars I smoke! ;) :D

Blair, Will and I smoked our SRO at the time when it was gifted to us. Nice looking cigar, good construction and good draw. But it had no flavor to me.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke!

They haven't been out too long through JR's. If your humidor is at %70, I think the burn may be from excessive moisture. I like mild cigars in the morning, as my taste buds are fresh and can pick out flavors in mild cigars. Hell, try one with coffee, you may find it works!

Emo