• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ST Duponts made China?

"K"

Cigar Grand Poohbah
Hey, so which Duponts are Chinese?? Ligne 2 still made in France? I knew the Jets were Chinese made, but I was screwing around eBay looking for vintage and found A LOT of new very low priced soft flames for dirt cheap.

Maybe they were fake, but there were a lot of listings. -made me second guess whats up.
Maybe they are French and the market's saturated and they aren't selling, except for dirt cheap online.

Nothing against Chinese made, I'm sure quality is still top notch. But, curious.

If you're concerned about getting a legit ST Dupont don't look at ebay. Pretty much all of the limited editions and standard have been bootlegged repeatedly. There are even US sellers who have bought them and flip them on the site as well. If the seller is in China steer clear for sure.

One thing to look for if you do buy on eBay is look for a red gift box. That's usually a dead giveaway for the limited. The limited editions generally came in special packaging.

I had the damndest time selling my limited edition on ebay due to these bootlegs. Ended up gifting it away at a cigar meet up.