• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

St. Kitts - anyone?

theorangeman

My wife and I are considering very seriously about going to St. Kitts this summer and staying at the Marriott. Has anyone been? If so, what were your impressions? Also, a very important question - any recommendations on where to get some good smokes?

I haven't personally been to St. Kitts (I will be heading down there once I finally get out of school), but my Aunt and Uncle have lived on neighboring Nevis for over a decade and I've had a lot of family go down to Nevis and you have to go through St. Kitts first. Their impressions were that St. Kitts is more touristy with quite a lot of things to do, and Nevis was slower paced and more ideal for a quiet, relaxing vacation. Both islands are extremely beautiful, just St. Kitts is a little larger and more populated. I highly recommend making a day trip to Nevis and checking it out.

As far as cigars go, I'm not aware of any shops on either island that I would feel comfortable recommending (no LCDH). My uncle gets all his cigars from one of the LCDHs on St. Maarten. You might check with the hotel you are staying at and see if they carry any at the bar or can give you a recommendation for a shop on the island.

A day trip to Nevis sounds like a good idea. As for cigars, I just found out that the Marriott has its own cigar bar. :)

While I'm sure the smokes won't be cheap, it will be very convenient to have a lounge right where we are staying.