• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

St. Louis, MO Brothers......

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
Brothers,

My wife will be moving to St. Louis, later this year. She's gonna be working at Wash U. So, being fed up with AT&T service (or lack there of), I'm looking for a new provider. I really like the Droid X, from Verizon, but am open if Verizon service sux down there.

My question is, in the area surrounding Wash U., what carrier offers the best service? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes hospitals/Universities have a dedicated tower in their area. If ya know of this, I'd appreciate the heads up on it as well.

Thanks in advance.

Floyd T.

You may also have her check with the University for employee/staff/student discount plans with area providers! :thumbs:

Hey Floyd, have you seen the Droid X? I was able to play with it a few weeks ago. It's a great phone (Android 2.1 OS, Flash support, 8MP camera, HDMI interface) but it's pretty big. It's feature packed though.

Verizon service is solid in the area. I don't live in St. Louis but I've visited several times, had Verizon for four or so years now, can't really complain.

T-Mobile is excellent, but don't buy a plan unless she talks a LOT on her cell. Just get a pay as you go since it'll ultimately be cheaper (T-Mobile is fairly expensive but provides excellent service in that area).

(Full disclosure: I didn't actually live in St. Louis but I did live in west central MO for a year.

Thanks guys. The benefit to Verizon is we get a gov't discount, through work, so I can save a few pennies going with them. :thumbs:

Khari, I have yet to actually hold one, but I've been reading everything I can find. It does appear bigger than the iPhone, but I can deal with that. My hands are fair size, so it shouldn't be an issue.

AT&T was a disappointment on the drive over, as well as while there. I had minimal bars while just driving certain areas, around Wash U. and the surrounding areas. Decisions, decisions! ???

Floyd T.

T-mobile is worthless
Verizon is fair but customer service drove me away

I now am back to AT&T because I finally got an iphone. and service and reception in midtown is ok.