• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Steal of the week! @ Cigar.com?

jcollector1

Man im almost in a state of shock right now. I was goof around on the internet doing my normal cigar shop visits and i went to Cigar.com, for those who dont know they are the expensive brother of Cigarsinternational and Cbid.com. Normally i laugh my way through their store but today, man today things were different. A few weeks ago they introduced their "Create A Sampler" 12 sticks for 59.99. Now they had some solid sticks and it seemed like a deal but today MAN today i looked at the "CAS" List and found some of my Fav's on the list with a better special, if you buy 2 you get $10 Dollars off EACH!!!!

We are talk Rocky Olde World Reserve Maddies (One of my 2 fav's at the moment) and Bunches of PEPIN's and Padilla 1932's!!!!

Heres my lists: Guy buy them up before this list changes!!

601 by EO Brands, Robusto, Natural
Edge By Rocky Patel, Toro Maduro, Maduro
Gurkha Centurian, Double X, Natural
La Aurora 100 Anos, Robusto, Natural
Macanudo, Hyde Park, Connecticut
Olde World by Rocky Patel, Robusto, Maduro
Olde World by Rocky Patel, Torpedo, Maduro
Padilla 1932, Corona Gorda (Cigar.com Exclusive), Natural
Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic, Robusto, Natural
Don Pepin Garcia, Generosos, Natural
Don Pepin Garcia, Invictos, Natural
Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ, Belicoso, Natural

2nd sampler

Onyx Reserve, Mini Belicoso, Maduro
Rocky Patel Sun Grown, Torpedo, Sumatra

All for 105.75 SHIPPED!!!

My order is IN.. Roughly about 80 bucks less than what I would have paid at the other online retailers.. Now, where do I put them?

1 In Stock Cigar.com Custom Sampler

Edge By Rocky Patel, Toro Maduro, Maduro
Macanudo, Hyde Park, Connecticut
Box of 12 $49.95
1 In Stock Cigar.com Custom Sampler

601 by EO Brands, Robusto, Connecticut
Camacho Select, Super Robusto, Cameroon
CAO L Anniversaire Cameroon, Robusto, Cameroon
Chateau Real by Drew Estate, Gran Templar, Connecticut
Cohiba Red Dot, Robusto, Cameroon
Rocky Patel Sun Grown, Torpedo, Sumatra
Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Toro, Natural
Box of 12 $49.95

Item Total $99.90

How in the world can you touch this deal...

Somebody over there must have screwed up lol....

I mean Olde World Reserve Maduro's retail for $11 and are the closest thing for PAM's and pack a hell of a good flavor.

the padilla 32's are around $12 a piece

The Pepins are all around $7-8 at the local shops

Los Anos are $12 a pop

WOW :thumbs: :cool: This is truly the steal of the week IMO....

So, what you're saying is that you like this deal.
Wait...do you think it is a good deal? You weren't quite clear.

Thank you for the heads up!

It might be a good deal. Online buying is always a crap shoot but in this case the potential reward outweighs the risk, IMO. Here was my selection:

Camacho Corojo Ltd., 8/22 Torpedo, Natural
CAO Black VR, Cathedral (Torpedo), Maduro
Chateau Real by Drew Estate, Gran Templar, Connecticut
Padilla 1932, Corona Gorda, Natural
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, Robusto, Maduro
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, Toro, Maduro

Sampler 2

601 by EO Brands, Robusto, Connecticut
CAO Black VR, Convergence, Maduro
Padilla 1932, Corona Gorda, Natural
Romeo y Julieta Viejo, B (Belicoso), Maduro
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, Robusto, Maduro
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, Toro, Maduro

Basically overnight to Delaware.

I hope that these scumbags don't do to you what they did to me.

They decided (on their own; mind you) to substitute part of my order. I didn't find out about it until I opened the package..

Caveat Emptor

Once I ordered a WOAM from them (once), they substituted a WOAN instead and didn't tell me until I got the package.

Scum bags

I would like to order, but honestly, there are maybe only 6 cigars that I ACTUALLY WANT from the list, and yes, its the usual Pepin stuff and the La Aurora Cien Anos. Not worth it for me, however maybe enticing for the newcomers that want to try a variety of cigars for a decent price.

Once I ordered a WOAM from them (once), they substituted a WOAN instead and didn't tell me until I got the package.

Scum bags

WOW, how low is that?

I ordered my first two opus from them for $80... They are the one of the worst sites on the web, but that's just my thoughts.

Double D had a big problem with them as well... Let us know how it turns out gents.

I got mine and, despite them being about 130 degrees, they were in decent shape. They did include a water pillow and I'm close, too.

The RPs and Pepins were worth the price! :thumbs:

still havent gotten mine and i live closer than you do, lol

I did choose the cheap shipping but still im less than 250 miles away might be less than that..

lol you guys were right...

Well they got 23 out of the 24 cigars right but the packaging was a friggen JOKE..

3 sticks ruined due to piss poor packaging. One of the zippers on the bags was actually torn away from the plastic bag...

I sent those morons a email but who knows if anything will get done....

Well they got 23 out of the 24 cigars right but the packaging was a friggen JOKE..

3 sticks ruined due to piss poor packaging. One of the zippers on the bags was actually torn away from the plastic bag...

I noticed in your first post that they are associated with cbid and CI. I think it is odd that cigar.com service is poor. I have had good experiences with cbid and CI in the past. ???

I noticed in your first post that they are associated with cbid and CI. I think it is odd that cigar.com service is poor. I have had good experiences with cbid and CI in the past. ???
You've just been lucky, my friend. From my own personal experience and those of others, the packing is hit and miss. Of course, they still have more hits than misses. I've had ziplocks pop open, many smashed cigars, and many dried out cigars. However, this time mine were as good as could be expected - from them. Contrast this with Serious cigars. They ship like many "overseas" competitors. Sealed with humidipak inside. It's easy, cheap, and seems to be way too much trouble for cbid. Cigar.com did include a water pillow in my bags but if they are torn fat lot of good that does! ;)

Mine seem to be recovering but the jury is still out. I'll know inn a few more days.

Steve

Well, my order came in almost perfect. Packaging was in a standard, 9x6x4 1/2 box.. There was a gap on the top and the bottom where the box could have been put together better, but it had tape over the gaps. The packaging was with bubblewrap in two individual cigar.com custom zip lock bags with a slide zipper.. pretty decent so far.. Both bags had a humidity bag in the bag that was full and sealed properly..

All but one cigar is perfect. The single Pepin Garcia Generosos has a crack in the foot, but this doesn't appear to be from shipping. It doesn't appear to be dry, it just looks like it was damaged by someone packaging it somewhere along the line a little carelessly.

Overall, I'm impressed.. I got 24 smokes for a shade over 100 bucks shipped and saved about 80 bucks. :thumbs:

EDIT.. The value for my cigars from a typical internet pricing standpoint puts these at about 198 bucks for the lot, plus shipping.. So for 109 shipped, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this was a hell of a good deal.

Thanks for the tip!