• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Steelers to the rescue!

"Rooney Rule"!!! Agreed, absolutely STUPID hire. I'm sure he'll lead the team to the next Super Bowl. Maybe they can go after Eric Bienemy to be his assistant, too. Bad coaches aren't head coaches for a reason.

Floyd T

I don't. Are you talking about the NFL as a whole? And counting players in your 87%? Then I think you're missing Flores' point.
I am referring to the entire NFL, which is predominantly black. Does Flores believe that since there is an inordinate number of black players there should also be an inordinate number of black coaches? Or is he just spewing sour grapes, which will deter his chances of ever being a head coach again?

I am referring to the entire NFL, which is predominantly black. Does Flores believe that since there is an inordinate number of black players there should also be an inordinate number of black coaches? Or is he just spewing sour grapes, which will deter his chances of ever being a head coach again?
Correct, just because there are 90% black players does not mean there should be 90% black coaches. a coach should only be a coach if they know what the hell they are doing. BUT the NFL put themselves in a bind when they make a rule that says you have to interview at least 1 minority coach; because you are already implying there is a bias. Then when you interview one, just to make the rule not because you have any interest in the person, it does look discriminatory. it's a major can of worms being opened up and all because people want to open their mouths to be the first to congratulate someone before it's even public.

I don't want this thread to be about race. I was just disgusted by the actions of the Steelers.

I'd argue it's more about stupid hiring practices than it is about race. Sure, "race" is mentioned as a "why they are stupid" purpose(or at least the way I read it), as opposed to being a Race-based statement. I also understood the assertion that the "90%" number included the entire league, not just the front office.

I suppose it's dependent upon what shade of glass you're looking thru. Let's not take it down that path, please.

Floyd T

OK. Counting the demographics of the entire league, and not just front offices, or specifically head coaching jobs, completely ignores what the lawsuit is actually about.

Thinking he's dumb because you're ignoring the basis of the suit... well... it's certainly a choice.

The guy (reportedly) refused orders to tank with a roster that was certainly built to tank and was fairly successful. I'd rather have a guy like that on my defensive coaching staff than a coordinator who calls a zero blitz at the end of a playoff game and leaves the WR triple crown winner wide open.

I didn't say he was dumb because of his coaching abilities or his lack of will to lay down. The dumb part comes from him taking his own personal gripes and making them a national buzz.

If Racial equality is truly his goal, he should step back and look at the big picture. Suing the NFL for racism against blacks is like suing the KKK for racism against whites. What is his basis for racism? Does he believe the extreme racial imbalance at the player level should exist across the board? Does he think the entire league should be black? Or does he just wants what he wants and if he doesn't get it, he will cause an ugly scene, knowing he will get a lot of attention, and damage his chances of being a head coach ever again? Like I said, "dumb".

Last edited:
You're equating the NFL to a black KKK and *I* made this thread about race? Got it.

This will be my last post in this thread, so feel free to go back to purposely misrepresenting the actual basis of his lawsuit.

You're equating the NFL to a black KKK and *I* made this thread about race? Got it.

This will be my last post in this thread, so feel free to go back to purposely misrepresenting the actual basis of his lawsuit.
That is probably best for everyone.👍

Racism is pure ignorance and it doesn't matter if it's the 100 year old ignorance or if it's the current ignorance that some believe will somehow make up up for the 100 year old ignorance.

Last edited:
Racism is wrong. To believe somehow we are in a post racial world, in my humble opinion, is also wrong. I STILL live and see things. Theres a valid question posed on this matter.

Are you afraid others will treat you as poorly as they have been treated?

We can agree to disagree.

And that may be what is best.

But,

That, will not heal wounds. Sometimes iodine or alcohol burn is needed to heal.

Peace and love.

C

I’m not going to get into all the other “stuff” happening in this thread but I would like to say that I like Flores, I think he is a damn good coach, and I think his hiring will actually help the Steelers.

Of course they still won’t beat the Packers, but I digress…;).

As someone who used to love the Steelers organization, and someone who was extremely proud of them, I can honestly say that I just don't care much anymore. Tomlin doesn't understand that discipline is part of football, even at the NFL level. Other than the 2-3 years he coached Cowhers players, he has achieved mediocrity with exceptional talent. The list is a mile long of players he has allowed to be bigger than the team.

Art Rooney is more concerned about political correctness, to the point of ignorance, than he is about winning football!