• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sticky Humidor Lid! How To Fix?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
My Dad has given up serious cigar smoking (he never was very serious anyway). He has passed on one of his beautiful humidors to me. I already have one 75 count box for my regular cigars. I am planning on using this other humidor (the gifted one) for my beloved Acid cigars (I know, I know, you probably hate them). The problem is, I have a sticky glue-like substance all over the perimeter where the top and bottom touch when you close the humidor. Prying it open is a task in itself. You have to shake the thing like mad while yanking it with both hands. I am thinking about using a boat wax (idea from Emo). I am very open to new ideas as this is a tremendous humidor, save the sticky problem.

Any ideas on how to restore it to original specs?

;)

Is the surface finished or unfinished where the substance is?

If it's unfinished, you could get a sheet of #200 sandpaper and lightly sand the stuff down to see if it takes it down enough where there's no stickiness.

If it's finished, I wouldn't recommend sanding it as it may damage the finish.

Hope this is helpful.

Lee :D

This is why I love forums...

:D

Leebo, that is so simple, but probably will work. It's the inside where the wood is an unfinished Spanish cedar (I believe). By the way, aren't you a big Acid fan?

SIDEBAR:

Best TV Line EVER

JERRY: "No..."
KRAMER: "Yeah buddy, you got two pints of Kramer in you!"
JERRY: "No..."
KRAMER: (Grabs wrist where blood flows) "Hey buddy, hey buddy, hey buddy"

That episode was one of the best ever. Thank God for reruns. The Job is only on so much.

Cool! Glad I could come up with something, I'm actually a carpenter by day, so I know a little about this stuff!

I have never tried Acid but did have a Lars once. You must be thinking of PuroBrat, he's the Lars king over here! ROTFLMAO

And that episode of Seinfeld is awesome! I love Kramer, he's the man!

Lee :thumbs:

I would go finer than that...you can always sand more, but can't put it back. Sailmakers wax is only good for loose fits...

Emo

emodx said:
I would go finer than that...
OK, Leebo, the sailor is questioning your carpentry... :p

I am a complete novice when it comes to sandpaper. Anyone care to clarify before I permanently change the lining of this mutha?

OUT (Yes, I copied that from Jim Rome)

McPatrickClan...you're a "Clone" too?!?!?!?!?! Rock on!!!!

I love the Rome show. Both on TV and on the Radio. I don't get to listen as much now as I used to but I still tune in when ever possible.

Good luck with the humi'.

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
McPatrickClan...you're a "Clone" too?!?!?!?!?!
In the words of a forgotten caller who has been replayed before:

"... and for the last time, I am not a freaking clone!"

Let's just say I tune a lot. I recently moved my desk at work and now I am demanding that my wife sign off on a $200 AM radio that has amazing reception so I can continue to listen to Rome.

War Jeff In Richmond
War Detroit Tigers Being A Storied Team For Losing & Winning
War Cigar Pass
War..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! (Whitey dropping the dreaded hammer)

:sign:

Giddyup!!

I saw the Beef-a-rino episode last night where Kramer goes to Price Club and buys 30 some cans of that stuff! The he feeds it to his horse that he's gotten to give carriage rides around the city! LMAO

Very funny episode!!

Glad that worked Mac! Good luck with the humi! :D

:D

That is a great episode! Those 'rents hate George because he gets them a smelly cab ride! We are about to watch The Caddy episode where golf is a big player. I love golf.

The humidors are cooking now! Thanks, Le!